advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
No more iPod?
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 17, 2020 07:30PM
Did Apple discontinue iPods completely? They’re not on the website at all anymore that I could see.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2020 08:38AM by ztirffritz.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: No more iPod?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 17, 2020 08:11PM
Yes.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 17, 2020 08:20PM
Depends, the original iPhone was one part iPod, and it still lives on.

You can get a 7th generation iPod Touch from the Apple Store still.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: October 17, 2020 08:39PM
[www.apple.com]
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 17, 2020 11:52PM
Honestly, the AppleWatch is the new iPod. You can load music on it wirelessly.
[support.apple.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 18, 2020 08:36AM
Rolando
Honestly, the AppleWatch is the new iPod. You can load music on it wirelessly.
[support.apple.com]

So true! My wife is very excited for her soon to arrive new Apple Watch series six. She will use it as her iPod for sure.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: October 18, 2020 11:32AM
Rolando,

Apple Watch replace an ipod? Not a chance. I don't like wearing watches. They are uncomfortable in general. I used to use a fitness monitor and even stopped wearing it due to my dislike of devices on my wrist. That they can be a liability while I'm working is another factor.

As for iPods, they can still serve a purpose. I've got two that are used daily. One is connected to a speaker in Little M's room. It serves as her juke box. The other is in my car. The head unit doesn't support car play. It doesn't support music via bluetooth. It has an AUX-In jack for external audio players.

For music and spoken word, I have to hardwire an audio player to the radio or hardwire a bluetooth adapter and use an audio player to send music to the adapter.

I don't even like using an iPod with a touch screen. It doesn't serve as well as an old iPod Nano 16GB. Not a touchscreen ala iPod Touch. Touch wheel. It does the job beautifully. I just wish it had a higher capacity. 16GB doesn't cut it and the storage can't be upgraded. Works so well I even had the battery replaced last year.

One day, when the iPod goes kablooey, I'll replace it with a similar device. 'course, by then, I'll likely replace my car and the new vehicle will support carplay and/or music via bluetooth and I'll just use my phone as an audio player.

Robert
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 18, 2020 12:29PM
....fanny packs are coming back too....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 18, 2020 06:20PM
NewtonMP2100
....fanny packs are coming back too....

I just got one from Amazon. A trim, slim version rather than the old bulky ones-just big enough to hold a phone or wallet.
Posted by: rz
Date: October 18, 2020 07:24PM
I still have my 2nd gen iPod Touch, an 8gb iPod Nano, and a 30GB 5th gen iPod. The Touch was at work, hooked up to a Logitech speaker dock. It's in my living room now as I await returning to work. The nano is my travel music player. It's the little square one that looks like the Apple Watch.

The 30GB classic is one I'm thinking of changing the hard drive out for an SD card and new battery. Supposedly the sound on it is supposed to be the best they ever did. Only problem is the screen seems to have some weird glitches. Not sure if that would go away with a new battery.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 234
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020