advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anybody using TechTool Pro? Happy with it?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 19, 2020 12:36PM
I'm thinking of upgrading to the current version. It looks like the tools are more comprehensive and maybe better than Drive Genius, my current go-to when Disk Utility isn't helping.

[www.micromat.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anybody using TechTool Pro? Happy with it?
Posted by: rz
Date: October 19, 2020 02:45PM
I'm neither happy nor unhappy with it. I got an old version a while ago, probably in one of those deals where you get 10 apps for the price of one. I ran it recently on a couple of drives I have that were reporting read errors in CCC. After a 26 hour surface scan (it's a 12TB drive), it reported no errors. So I don't know what to think.
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 19, 2020 07:57PM
A couple of years ago, I had a disk problem that neither Disk Utility nor Disk Warrior would address. I found a very old copy of TechTool Pro in my applications folder and ran it. Not only did it run, but it fixed the problem that I was having. I do not remember what that problem was.

I wrote to micromat to tell them how pleased I was that this old copy had worked and they sent me a new version.

Might have used it once or twice but again let it fade away. So much for loyalty. All that to say that my one experience with the company was very positive.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 20, 2020 09:34PM
Whoa, it's been years since I have even thought of that program! It was also a goto program doing tech support at my school.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 227
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020