advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AirPods Pro!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 19, 2020 12:44PM
Surprise gift from my dad. Just unpackaged the charging cable and ... I’ll get my Lightning USB cable because I don’t own anything with USB-C yet.

I should pickup a second Qi charger now. WIRES ARE SO PASSÉ.

Must play with them.
But must work instead.
Must play with them.
But must work instead.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AirPods Pro!
Posted by: jonny
Date: October 19, 2020 01:05PM
Listen while you work!
Da-da da-da-da-da-daaaaa!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 19, 2020 02:49PM
I've had mine almost a week now. a definite upgrade from the regular Airpods though previously I found nothing lacking in them.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 19, 2020 03:40PM
If the fit is not right, try smaller fitting buds.

Enjoy!
Date: October 19, 2020 04:06PM
The fit seems OK. Not completely sold on the sound yet. Using high quality lossless sources on the iPhone these are far clearer than Apple’s wired earbuds but there’s almost no warmth and the bass is essentially missing. I’ve played with the 3 settings; Transparency isn’t much different from Noise Cancelling. The “Off” (flat EQ, I suppose) is clearly meant for people with poor sources use a lot of EQ in their player software?
Date: October 19, 2020 04:14PM
Unsurprisingly I get a bit more warmth by pressing in on them without the midrange becoming muddy too much.
Date: October 19, 2020 04:21PM
“Carmelita, hold me tighter, I think I’m going down ... “
Date: October 19, 2020 04:22PM
Haha the mics stay live; it’s like having free karaoke.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 19, 2020 04:47PM
sekker
If the fit is not right, try smaller fitting buds.

Enjoy!

this was true in my case. with the regular Airpods i often forgot they were on. with the medium buds the Pro ships with the sound was great but i was very aware of their presence in my ears. i switched to the smaller buds and it's pretty close to unawareness again.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 19, 2020 08:48PM
deckeda

After hearing Dwight & Flaco's version, the other versions don't do it for me....

[www.youtube.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Sam3
Date: October 20, 2020 05:32AM
I got the Airpods Pro as part of the back to school promotion when I got my 16" MBP. I like them! These, with the large buds, actually fit in my ears and give a nice solid frequency response with decent, while not overpowering, bass.

Any other Apple ear phones, whether they are the Earpods, Airpods, Beats Powerbeats, etc. have sounded tinny with no bass whatsoever. They just didn't fit my ears properly. I was finally able to get the Earpods to sound decent after getting the Earhoox [www.earhoox.com] but this wouldn't work with the Airpods as you would need to remove them each time you replace the Airpods in the charging case.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 20, 2020 12:11PM
I bought the Dekoni earphone tips for my AirPod Pros. Really like them.
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 20, 2020 07:09PM
Somebody posted a while ago that the Pros can be used as hearing aids with ios 14. That intrigued me but I'm concerned that people would think it's pretty rude to have the AirPods in the whole time I'm talking with them. Am I worried about nothing? I don't want to have to explain myself to multiple people.
Date: October 21, 2020 06:28AM
macphanatic
I bought the Dekoni earphone tips for my AirPod Pros. Really like them.

I’ll check them out. I need to try the ones that come with the AirPods first. Sitting down they’ve been OK (the medium ones, or whatever they ship with installed) but I got in the car yesterday and lost one without warning down between the seat and the console! Has to fish it out in the dark.
Date: October 21, 2020 06:37AM
Rolando
deckeda

After hearing Dwight & Flaco's version, the other versions don't do it for me....

[www.youtube.com]

That’s good also. I think what I like about the original is how deadpan the delivery is against the struggle depicted in the lyrics. And I like the simple 2-part harmonies.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 21, 2020 07:12PM
Michael
Somebody posted a while ago that the Pros can be used as hearing aids with ios 14. That intrigued me but I'm concerned that people would think it's pretty rude to have the AirPods in the whole time I'm talking with them. Am I worried about nothing? I don't want to have to explain myself to multiple people.

No, there is transparency mode which enables you to talk with them in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 187
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020