advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any Baseball fans here?
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 20, 2020 11:07AM
Not a sports fan but like the World Series.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any Baseball fans here?
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 20, 2020 12:01PM
I am enjoying these games for sure.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 20, 2020 12:46PM
Baseball is my favorite sport. Looking forward to the Dodgers breaking through (fingers crossed).
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 20, 2020 12:58PM
I love baseball but I don't have TV and I'm discombobulated about the covid schedule and I don't have a favorite team, so I'm just watching highlights on YouTube.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 20, 2020 01:03PM

==
Date: October 20, 2020 01:12PM
Buzz

==

Yep. Plus this guy. Man oh man.

Posted by: rz
Date: October 20, 2020 01:13PM
Used to be. Lost interest when they went on strike... was that '94? I probably couldn't name more than two current MLB players.

I am/was a Dodgers fan. Used to get tickets when they'd play the Phillies. Highlight of those years was getting Orel Hershiser's autograph. We got there early and went behind their dugout to get the autograph. Then we just sat down, and nobody ever came for the seats we were in!

Actually did go to Dodgertown a few times in the mid-late '90s. Got lots of autographs. One that I wanted was Mike Piazza, but he was an a**hole, and wasn't signing autographs. I did manage to get the autograph of an at-the-time little known pitcher named Pedro Martinez...
Posted by: d4
Date: October 20, 2020 01:18PM
Seeing how the Dodgers got screwed by the cheating Astros in 2017 WS, then the cheating RedSox in 2018 WS, should make everyone root for the Dodgers this year.

Date: October 20, 2020 01:21PM
rz
Used to be. Lost interest when they went on strike... was that '94? I probably couldn't name more than two current MLB players.

I am/was a Dodgers fan. Used to get tickets when they'd play the Phillies. Highlight of those years was getting Orel Hershiser's autograph. We got there early and went behind their dugout to get the autograph. Then we just sat down, and nobody ever came for the seats we were in!

Actually did go to Dodgertown a few times in the mid-late '90s. Got lots of autographs. One that I wanted was Mike Piazza, but he was an a**hole, and wasn't signing autographs. I did manage to get the autograph of an at-the-time little known pitcher named Pedro Martinez...

That's when Pedro "and" his brother Ramon was on the team. He was a great pitcher too. Fox owned the Dodgers then if I recall. The players should have struck. Why would I want my pay to be limited? Who does that on purpose. It worked out. Go Dodgers!
Posted by: rz
Date: October 20, 2020 03:31PM
vision63
rz

That's when Pedro "and" his brother Ramon was on the team. He was a great pitcher too. Fox owned the Dodgers then if I recall. The players should have struck. Why would I want my pay to be limited? Who does that on purpose. It worked out. Go Dodgers!

Yup. Ramon was more well known at the time, but for whatever reason, I never did get his autograph. He may have not have been there that day or something.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 20, 2020 03:50PM
I have a very good friend who is with the Ray's, I'll be pulling for them (and watching him on TV since he'll be at the games).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: October 20, 2020 04:31PM
Ombligo
I have a very good friend who is with the Ray's, I'll be pulling for them (and watching him on TV since he'll be at the games).

That's cool. Number one fan Dick V (Vitale) is rooting hard for the Rays in the way only he can. I wish I had video of him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020