advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
lose control?!....Apple pulls 'Apple TV Remote' app......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 21, 2020 07:20AM
.....discontinued......since integrated into iOS....

Apple's TV Remote App Pulled From App Store Since Functionality is Available in Control Center

....Apple recently pulled the "Apple TV Remote" app from the App Store, which was designed to let users control their Apple TVs from their iPhones or iPads with a touch-based remote interface.

It's not quite clear when Apple nixed the app, but it was quietly removed and clicking on the prior link for the app confirms that it is no longer available. 9to5Mac discovered that Apple has also removed references to the Apple TV Remote app, suggesting that it has been discontinued. The Apple Remote support article, for example, references only the Apple TV Remote in Control Center.

The Apple TV Remote app has received few updates in recent years and as of iOS 12, there's been Remote app functionality baked into the Control Center, which can be accessed more quickly than with the dedicated Remote app. The Remote app was likely deemed unnecessary with the more simple Control Center option available.

gone.......girl......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2020 07:20AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: lose control?!....Apple pulls 'Apple TV Remote' app......
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: October 21, 2020 09:05AM
I always forget that the remote is available via control center. I wonder if the app will disappear or die on the iPhone itself?
I usually fire up the basement AppleTV via the phone remote so it is up and running when I get downstairs to get on the elliptical. Gotta close those rings by midnight.

Steve
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 180
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020