advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adam & Eve?!.....this classic TV show, that has been made into movie, getting sequel series/reboot......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 22, 2020 01:12PM
.....'The Addams Family'.......from Tim Burton.......set in present day.....they are shopping around to networks....

The Addams Family Sequel Series in the Works From Tim Burton

....Get ready to get reacquainted with an altogether ooky family: A live-action sequel series to The Addams Family is in the works, with Tim Burton onboard as an executive producer.

The new series, which is produced by MGM Television and is currently being shopped to networks and streamers, would be set in present day and focus on a grown-up Wednesday Addams and “what the world would look like to her in 2020,” per the official description.

In addition to serving as an EP, Burton is also working on a deal to direct all episodes of the series. (Burton is well known for directing films with a Gothic and horror bent, from Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow to a big-screen take on the TV vampire soap Dark Shadows.) Smallville veterans Alfred Gough and Miles Millar will be head writers of the new series and serve as showrunners as well as EPs.

The Addams Family, based on Charles Addams’ cartoons, debuted as a TV series in 1964 on ABC, running for two seasons and starring John Astin and Carolyn Jones as parents Gomez and Morticia Addams. The sitcom centered on an eccentric family of macabre outcasts, including Uncle Fester, disembodied hand Thing and hairy relative Cousin It. It inspired a 1991 film adaptation and a 1993 sequel, Addams Family Values, along with multiple animated series and a Broadway musical.

being.....rebooted.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2020 01:14PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adam & Eve?!.....this classic TV show, that has been made into movie, getting sequel series/reboot......
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 22, 2020 02:28PM
Of all shows, this is the one show that can see no added benefit from Tim Burton's unique world-view.

Re: Adam & Eve?!.....this classic TV show, that has been made into movie, getting sequel series/reboot......
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 22, 2020 04:37PM
The original TV series was pretty good. Carolyn Jones was very hot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2020 04:38PM by Speedy.
I really enjoyed the original Addams Family...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 22, 2020 07:23PM
...and pretty much nothing touched by Tim Burton, except his first Batman.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 172
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020