advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Kitchen Appliances (part two)... Dealing with backsplash (or lack of) behind oven.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: October 23, 2020 08:49AM
We are in the process of replacing our kitchen appliances. We are leaning towards Frigidaire Gallery appliances. They seem to get great reviews but everything I'm looking at (no mater what brand) all of them have some bad reviews.

We were looking at this model with the controls on top (Which is basically the style we have now).

[www.homedepot.com]

But, we like the "flat" style with controls in the front better. The problem is that we do not have any sort of backsplash behind our current stove. The counters have a 3-4" matching backsplash (Matches the counters) and not really ready to replace the counters at this time. So, looking for suggestions / ideas on what to do behind the stove? I'm leaning towards a tile backsplash (behind the range) or possibly just stick on tiles (That are heat resistant) until we redo the counters and backsplash.

[www.homedepot.com]

Anyone have any suggestions?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kitchen Appliances (part two)... Dealing with backsplash (or lack of) behind oven.
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 23, 2020 08:54AM
Don’t know what the style of your kitchen is, but you could also mount a sheet of stainless steel behind the stove, as a backsplash.

30 in. x 30 in. Polished Stainless Steel Backsplash

[www.homedepot.com]

Lots of tile options, too. Be prepared to replace the drywall too, if you replace the tile later.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 08:57AM by rgG.
Re: Kitchen Appliances (part two)... Dealing with backsplash (or lack of) behind oven.
Posted by: d4
Date: October 23, 2020 09:12AM
Is having no backsplash a current problem with your existing stove?
My family cooks almost every night. When I clean the store area, I find the tile backsplash behind our stove relatively clean every time. The stove front controls and side counters are the dirtiest areas.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 23, 2020 09:40AM
We put a tile backsplash behind my mother in law's new electric stove when we wired it in. She loved it. I really should put one in our house, but our current stove has a very high control section that does the same thing. Doesn't take much wiping.

I do NOT fry in the house. It hurts my lungs too much.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: October 23, 2020 09:48AM
rgG
Don’t know what the style of your kitchen is, but you could also mount a sheet of stainless steel behind the stove, as a backsplash.

30 in. x 30 in. Polished Stainless Steel Backsplash

[www.homedepot.com]

Lots of tile options, too. Be prepared to replace the drywall too, if you replace the tile later.

I'm pushing for stainless. Wife is worried that it might be too much stainless and the stainless on the stove (if we go this route) is "Fingerprint resistant" so it isn't as shinny. Maybe she's just sick of Stainless after I did this to our last house and we lived there for about 15 years. smiling smiley

d4
Is having no backsplash a current problem with your existing stove?
My family cooks almost every night. When I clean the store area, I find the tile backsplash behind our stove relatively clean every time. The stove front controls and side counters are the dirtiest areas.

We don't currently have anything but the "back controls" kind of is a backsplash. Just if we are getting the "Flat" style with "front controls" we more want to give it a "finished look".
Posted by: d4
Date: October 23, 2020 12:08PM
spacescape
We don't currently have anything but the "back controls" kind of is a backsplash. Just if we are getting the "Flat" style with "front controls" we more want to give it a "finished look".

Ahh.. i get what you're saying about the "flat style" stove. If you're going to tile it, since it's such a small area, you can really splurge and get some beautiful imported tile without it breaking the bank. Frame the edges of the rectangular tile area with some chair rail tile trim pieces. It could look really nice.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 23, 2020 12:16PM
....what if there is a bun......in the oven.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 159
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020