AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
swoon
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 23, 2020 08:51AM
1966 Ferrari 330 GTC

[bringatrailer.com]

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: swoon
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: October 23, 2020 09:22AM
Hide it from Ferris
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 23, 2020 10:58AM
They look good in old movies, less so now compared to modern cars. IMHO.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 23, 2020 11:18AM
Man, I just love the combination of angles, curves, and LOTS OF GLASS. Modern cars feel like peering through a periscope.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 23, 2020 11:45AM
Never seen an auction that lasts two weeks. I expect it will end close to $700k. 1968 GTC didn't top the reserve with a bid at $651k.

I wonder how much J.G.Wentworth would give me for my lifetime SSA benefits...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 23, 2020 12:00PM
Speedy
They look good in old movies, less so now compared to modern cars. IMHO.

Ehhh... there is a similar Ferrari model from roughly the same time period (perhaps 275 GTB?) that has an almost identical front end mated to a much more curvaceous rear end than that one that looks much better to my eyes. That one, while styled by Pininfarina, has a much more semi-squared-off, Bertone-ish look to it. There's more than a whiff of BMW 3.0CS to the roof and tail.

Stylistic nit-picking aside, it is a beautiful car nonetheless and more than anything else I applaud a Ferrari being painted any color aside from red.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 12:03PM by Thrift Store Scott.
Date: October 23, 2020 12:38PM
yea, I dig that color. Didn't read if it was OEM, but waaaay better than red.
so ... if we pool ours funds ......

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 23, 2020 12:50PM
Fritz
yea, I dig that color. Didn't read if it was OEM, but waaaay better than red.

It is a factory original color for that car, called "bleu", apparently a reference to the blue color used on French racing cars at one point.

Fritz
so ... if we pool ours funds ......

I do appreciate the offer to buy in but while I have a more-than-passing appreciation for it, it just isn't my type of car to own.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: October 23, 2020 01:06PM
Lol, I love you guys. I knew what this thread was gonna be about before I even clicked it. Even got the color right, though not the make.
Date: October 23, 2020 01:16PM
wrong again Lew!

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020