advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any tips for transferring content to a new iPad?
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 23, 2020 02:59PM
About to do this and have a couple of concerns:

Is there a safe way to selectively transfer apps and data rather than an all or nothing approach? It seems like an ideal time to prune the mountain of information that’s accumulated on old iPad over the years

My current iPad has a few glitches that I don’t want to transfer to the new one. For example, It’s never been able to completely sync my contacts with my iMac (of course, I’m not sure where the fault lies for that problem).

Any other gottchas to be aware of?

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any tips for transferring content to a new iPad?
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: October 23, 2020 03:42PM
Setting up a new iPad from an existing iPad is all or nothing deal. There isn't a way to pick and choose what comes over. The options would be to prune first on the old iPad and then do the setup and restore from the old iPad or set up the new iPad as brand new and selectively install as you go.

I would recommend starting fresh and then add as needed. As long as your using iCloud to back up accounts, contacts, calendars, etc., that will come back via iCloud. If you use another service for mail, then that would come over once it is added.

EDIT - And congrats on the new iPad - LEADER!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 03:42PM by Gilbert.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 23, 2020 04:33PM
i L E A D E R !

Well, with iOS14 you can have the OS basically archive apps you do not regularly use.

Bottom line, if you do not have the time to do a fresh setup, this is not a bad way to go. Backup to a Mac, then restore from the backup. Then let iOS14 settings do the priorities.

You will ideally want the iPad OS version to be the same.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 24, 2020 03:03PM
.....just the tip(s)......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 146
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020