advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Share any good news thread
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: October 24, 2020 12:59PM
Share any good news for you, your world, the entire planet.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Share any good news thread
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 24, 2020 01:09PM
The new Borat film is on Amazon Prime. Should be crazy funny.
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 24, 2020 02:11PM
Getting straight A's for my BSN.

Lost 40 lbs since Sept 1.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 24, 2020 03:01PM
....goiter looks to be coming....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 24, 2020 03:04PM
p8712

smiley-shocked003

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: d4
Date: October 24, 2020 03:51PM
I called my Mom this afternoon for no reason other than to chit chat. Talked for 30 mins. We had some good laughs and conversation. For those 30 mins life seemed almost pre-pandemic.

Posted by: sekker
Date: October 24, 2020 04:23PM
jdc
p8712

smiley-shocked003

Indeed! I hope you are doing fine.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 24, 2020 04:30PM
I have some funny pandemic-helped house repairs.

1) I had a leaky outdoor hose connector that's been that way since we moved in - more than a decade ago. Decided it was time to do something about it. Took photos and went to hardware store. After some nice help from the manager, found the repair kit - installed in less than 10 min. I wish I had done this, well, a LONG time ago.

2) Our dryer belt broke - oh no! But by taking it entirely apart at home, we found an issue with the air path - was installed by the factory wrong! The dryer is now working for the first time as specced. If I had a repair person just fix the belt, it would not have been better than new.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 24, 2020 04:31PM
Beginning of the end on a 15 year project that I intend to be a game changer for me and many people.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: October 24, 2020 04:42PM
I NEVER looked for used snow tires on CL, but we just bought a Toyota Venza so I checked, and lo and behold, the first ad was for a set of Blizzak 245/55 19, an unusual size, perfect fit, lightly used. Just got home from picking them up. New set would have been close to $900, these were $175. They'll get us through a couple of seasons.

Posted by: p8712
Date: October 24, 2020 05:23PM
sekker
jdc
p8712

smiley-shocked003

Indeed! I hope you are doing fine.

1200 cals a day.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 24, 2020 06:26PM
We finally got a fire hazard tree removed after 15 years this week. It was a 70 foot tall pine about 4 feet from the house that had huge branches extending over the living room. Fortunately we have not lost our fire insurance yet, like many other in our area.

We paid to have it removed professionally. We're about to see the biggest fire wind event in several years over the next few days, so we breathe just a little bit lighter. The closest tree to the house is now about 15 feet away.

We're smiling.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: October 24, 2020 06:35PM
I finally replaced the outlet in my well pump house. I've been running it with an extension cord from the garage for a stop gap, but Winter is coming. I can now run the pump and small heater without worries now. wiggle smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 24, 2020 07:20PM
pRICE cUBE

#1 in Fantasy Football.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: October 24, 2020 07:39PM
C(-)ris
pRICE cUBE

#1 in Fantasy Football.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: steve...
Date: October 24, 2020 08:23PM
Michigan man who accidentally bought an extra lottery ticket wins two (count em) $1M prizes.

"It took several days for the reality to set in that my mistake had paid off to the tune of $2 million," Samir Mazahem said.

NBCnews

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 24, 2020 09:52PM
Had the second of two cataract surgeries this week. On the day after checkup we discovered a small amount of scaring in the first eye but I was assured that a quick office visit in 90 days will take care of that. Vision is not perfect; but there is healing yet to be done.

The world has turned from "incandescent colored" to "fluorescent colored," a noticeable brighter blue. And now no glasses to fog up when masked.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 24, 2020 10:40PM
.....and girls make passes at guys without glasses.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 25, 2020 11:00AM
I was able to get our internet back to working yesterday with only minimal cursing.

Also, I was able to bring the Chromecast downstairs from the upstairs TV and now I can get HBOMAX, not just HBO content via casting. The upstairs TV is newer, so I was able to DL the HBOMAX and Disney+ app to use there, instead of the Chromecast. A big F U to Roku for not working out a deal with HBO so I didn't have to do this.

I also got Disney+ app to cast, downstairs, so the Roku got disconnected. thumbs up smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: October 25, 2020 02:00PM
Started counseling last fall, wife is happy with my progress.

We're staying together! 2021 will be 50 years together. I'm glad I'm making changes in myself, at 70 years old. My wife deserves the best, I'm taking baby steps but in the right direction.

There is always room for growth. I'm very grateful.
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 25, 2020 05:11PM
Checked out and made the deal on a new (to me) motorcycle last Saturday. Posted an ad for my previous bike on Craigslist Saturday night. Drove home new bike Sunday. Sold my previous bike to the first person who saw it on Monday.

All in all a great weekend .
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 25, 2020 07:30PM
Surfrider - good work!

I was not ready to "do the work" in my counseling sessions many decades ago and paid the price. I was slow to grow up.
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 26, 2020 04:52AM
Our daughter and grandson came to visit for the first time since COVID, although we had been there a number of times to babysit. We had a great time.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: October 26, 2020 10:49AM
I installed a dimmable LED recessed light over the bathtub which makes using the bathroom about 10x nicer than before! However, bought the wrong style dual toggle switchplate, so there is just no cover until I get back to the store. rolleyes smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020