advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Price of Dog Food, Pedigree Wet and Costco
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 20, 2020 08:33AM
It appears after years of buying the 24 pack of 22 OZ Wet Pedigree Dog food from Costco, that they will no longer be carrying the wet food. And a search of the internet makes me realize what a deal I was getting. It seems like ice cream, and many other products Pedigree is pushing the 12 oz cans.

I bought a case of Kirkland wet cans, but didn't realize that they were 24 of the 12 OZ cans. Practically the same price as the 24 x 22 oz cases they did sell.

I will have to research the dry food that Costco offers, and the wet I just bought, and see what the healthiest is for the money.

I did read something on line last night that was talking about reading the 1st 3 ingredients and see what they say.

Someone said the Pedigree Dry 55 lb bag first ingredient was a corn derivative... and that the Kirkland dry had actual meat products.

Thanks, for the guidance and the health of the pets...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Price of Dog Food, Pedigree Wet and Costco
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 20, 2020 09:19AM
We've been buying (and feeding our dog) the Kirkland brand green bag for years now. He seems to like it well enough, although that red meat on the plate is always preferred. Just yesterday we bought a bag from the supermarket as we ran out, so I'll look at those ingredients now that you mention it.
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 20, 2020 09:43AM
I buy my dog's food and treats at Chewy. You might want to see what they have to offer.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 20, 2020 10:03AM
Most likely they stopped carrying the larger size because more and more people are getting smaller dogs that don't eat as much in one sitting. The larger breeds like Labs and Goldens are getting replaced with little dogs that can be carried around like small children.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 10:03AM by C(-)ris.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 20, 2020 10:40AM
Pam
I buy my dog's food and treats at Chewy.

i order wet food and treats from Chewy. sure is nice not to schlep that canned food weight in/out of the car. my schnoodle has been fine with the grain-free dry food offerings from Kirkland. One bag will last me a little over a year so i tolerate that bit of exercise.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 10:40AM by graylocks.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 20, 2020 12:05PM
If you go to dry, consider Diamond Naturals brand. It is highly rated and is less costly than many other premium brands (roughly $36 for 40 lbs). The link is for large breeds, but they have it for all sizes. It is higher in fiber, so bowel movements are often looser (not runny, just soft). We have been using it with our dog for several years.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: August West
Date: November 20, 2020 02:01PM
Haven't had a dog in some time, mostly cats. Probably very expensive, but I got my dry food from Fromm, directly.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: vicrock
Date: November 20, 2020 05:16PM
We use the grain free Nature's Domain - turkey flavor - tried the salmon but it was too rich for their digestion. My vet is feeding this to his dogs.
Posted by: JPK
Date: November 20, 2020 06:21PM
We have used Costco Dry since we got our rescued dog. We just moved him over to the "mature' dog Costco formula.

I have be happy with.

The dog will eat anything, including goose poop, so I would not ask him for a recommendation.

JPK
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 21, 2020 01:05PM
We have two small dogs. Probably 9 and 13 lbs...

Went to Costco last night and picked up a 40 lb bag of the Green Bag mentioned above.

Now to figure out how much to give them a day.

Bag says 1 CUP or 1 and 1/2 CUP for that weight range.

Seems a little bit small, thoughts?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020