advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
IOS 14 and the Apple Watch
Posted by: davemchine
Date: November 20, 2020 06:03PM
I recently upgraded my iPhone to IOS 14 thru Apple automatic updates. I posted earlier that I was having problems. Now that a few days have passed I can say that for me the update pretty much killed Siri. Prior to the update I would say Siri worked 80% of the time. After the update it doesn't work at all unless the iPhone is unlocked. If I press the button and say, "message so-and-so xyzzy" it gives me a message that something went wrong almost every time. If I unlock the iPhone, go into Messages, and dictate my message then it works fine but that's pretty clumsy in comparison.

Also, since the upgrade Siri rarely works on my Watch. Asking it to send a Message is maybe 50/50 at best. Asking it to add to my reminder list appears to work on the watch screen but doesn't actually do anything.

For me Apple has been on a downward spiral for a long time. It seems like every update takes away features or breaks features rather than add any. I'm so deep in the Apple ecosystem that I've never thought of moving away from the platform before but I'm not sure what advantage they offer anymore as I don't have experience with the competition. Apple...it rarely works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2020 09:27PM by davemchine.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: IOS 13 and the Apple Watch
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: November 21, 2020 01:47AM
Wow…
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 21, 2020 08:50AM
Which iPhone and Watch models? My first gen Apple Watch started having problems towards the end. My Series 6 has been rock solid.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: November 21, 2020 10:23AM
My iPhone is model 11 Pro. The watch is series 3.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 21, 2020 01:33PM
Have you rebooted? Hard reboot?

In Settings > Siri & Search, is "Allow Siri When Locked" on?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 170
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020