The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
It's Coming Up
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 20, 2020 08:57PM
Paul McCartney's "Coming Up"
[www.youtube.com]

The music video for “Coming Up” from the McCartney II album was directed by Keith McMillan and released in 1980. It has been newly remastered in HD.
“Coming Up” was the first single released off the McCartney II album. The video features Paul McCartney playing a number different roles, alongside Linda McCartney who plays the backing signers in the video.

Remstered in HD from a SD Video? The video was originally shot on multiple video takes, then composited on video. It looks like they've upscaled and de-interlaced the video elements and freshly composited them in HD. Looks really good, I did see some blockiness surrounding "Buddy" at 1:35.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It's Coming Up
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 20, 2020 09:00PM
....everything's....coming up....roses.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 20, 2020 09:20PM
Their shenanigans remind me of the video for Foo Fighters' "Learn To Fly" video.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: November 21, 2020 09:32AM
One of my favorite McCartney songs, if I'm being honest -- the one that really got me into McCartney back when it was released. I had heard of The Beatles at that age, of course, but didn't really listen to them beyond what (rarely*) was played on the radio. This single and subsequent album changed that.

* I say rarely b'c it seemed that none of the local rock/pop stations played Beatles songs during that era (Late 70s/early 80s; New Orleans), other than a couple of songs from the white album and Abbey Road. Came to find out later that was somewhat industry-wide and I'm not sure why, but I do remember hearing a story on NPR during the 80s about that (right around when their CDs first started to be released).

(ADDED) The Tug of War album remains my favorite solo McCartney album. A lot of movement on that one, IMO; and the song "Take It Away" is one of my top 3 McCartney solo songs. Played that song loud every time it came on; just about wore out the cassette back when.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2020 09:39AM by Zoidberg.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 21, 2020 09:42AM
Very cool, thanks. It's hard to believe that highly prodced music videos were a thing in 1980, but I guess that was the Beatles influence probably.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: November 21, 2020 11:09AM
Rolando
“Coming Up” from the McCartney II album

40 years later, McCartney III is out next month. As with the first two, it's Paul and only Paul.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 163
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020