advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best Buy, USPS insanity (long rant)
Posted by: DP
Date: November 21, 2020 07:16AM
The USPS tracking thread got me going again, so while I'm drinking my morning coffee before I get the day going-which includes getting the TR6 moved to its Winter home-hopefully you'll get some entertainment from my story.

So some of you may remember my last posts about help with a video project I'm working on. I ordered some new equipment from Best Buy for the project; on November 2nd I ordered one item for pickup (at this point in the story, it doesn't matter what) and another online. I get the page telling me that I'd be notified when the order for pickup would be ready. By the next morning, nothing about picking up the order in my inbox. I call the store, go thru interminable prompts, including that whatever I said, the voice would say, "I didn't get that" which I'd repeat and get the same response. Finally I got transferred to a rep. Waited 20 minutes on hold then am told they don't have the item at that store! Go thru the usual "why did the site accept my order then" and the usual response...

OK, I look at another BB in my area and order online as that site says the item is there. In fact it's got a few of them. Unwilling to go thru the phone BS again I order online and again, no notification to pick up the item. So I do get on the phone, and get the same exact response as the first store! Interminable prompts, wait 20 minutes, no, we don't have any of the item, let alone one...

Then, this last week, I get notifications from Best Buy telling me that since I didn't pick up my items, they've cancelled the orders. Both of them!

But wait! There's more!

On the same day I ordered another item I need for the shoot and got a shipping email saying it will be delivered by the USPS on Friday the 5th. I am leaving the following Wednesday the 11th so that's plenty of time.

Friday the 5th-no delivery. I check the tracking and it shows the item at my post office but not out for delivery. I call the P.O. and the agent says it's not there but still in the main post office in Detroit! He says he'll get it here for Saturday the 6th delivery. You got it-no item shows up Saturday...

Got a lot to organize for the trip and I've got a couple workarounds if I don't get the item that I ordered online-and it still hasn't arrived. Still showing it's at my local P.O.!

Get back from the shoot last Sunday. Still nothing delivered and the shoot is over and I found I didn't need the item. Check the tracking and it's still showing it at the local P.O.!

I was charged for the item so I call the P.O. again, get a different agent who tells me the item has not even been handed off to the USPS and I need to contact UPS to find out what the problem is! Right and left hand...

I'm busy with the work I did so I didn't get to calling UPS. I know I need to do it but then Wednesday I get an email from Best Buy saying they successfully processed my return and my payment has credited to the card I used confused smiley

Since I've decided that particular item turned out to be not exactly what I needed, I'm letting it ride. But, I'm sending this post to BB's customer service department and, again, at this point in time, I'm done with Best Buy...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2020 09:25AM by DP.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best Buy, USPS insanity (long rant)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 21, 2020 07:45AM
....the.....Best......is yet to come [ or not ].....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 21, 2020 10:26AM
Yeah, I've had my run ins with BB over the years that I've pretty much don't shop there any longer.

Sorry you went through all that grief that could have easily been avoided if BB had their sheet together.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 21, 2020 11:09AM
Not to be cruel or snobbish but years ago I decided to avoid BB @ unless it was an
absolute emergency need.
I concluded their target market is folks that don't comparison shop, are stupid, or
have more money than common sense.
I posted about a $11 gigabit switch @ Microcenter & Amz.
BB cheapest is $18.

Scots are definitely not their target demographic!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 21, 2020 11:23AM
BB only if on sale or an emergency.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 21, 2020 11:53AM
macphanatic
BB only if on sale or an emergency.

yes, I got the Nintendo Switch there, it was $300 everywhere and they had in in stock. Same with a freezer, sold out everywhere where, BB was the only one with stock.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 21, 2020 12:18PM
I have have not had an issue with BB in the last 5 years but that might just be luck. Home Depot on the other hand has been batting about 66% this year, almost as bad as what Bez-azon slipped down to two years ago before I put them in the class of retailer of last resort with Walmart* and ebay.

7 years ago Newegg would not let me pick a delivery service other than OnTrac, who dropped below 50% and didn't have a customer service counter within 25 miles. Newegg has been 100% reliable since I moved to a different area that seems to be no longer exclusively in the OnTrac service area.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 21, 2020 12:50PM
BB only if on sale

I've had good luck with the rare BB purchase.

I got my second HomePod, new, for $100 off.

Sometimes a product is sold out at AMZ or wherever and BB is my only hope.

Sales are rare and often the BBs online and near me are sold out.

But if/when I can secure an order, they come through.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 21, 2020 03:56PM
I've ordered plenty of items and had no problems. Most recently some hard to find Switch games, a remote start(installed), and an Apple Pencil.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: DP
Date: November 21, 2020 05:54PM
C(-)ris
I've ordered plenty of items and had no problems. Most recently some hard to find Switch games, a remote start(installed), and an Apple Pencil.

You're like me and Comcast! I've never had an issue with Comcast and like their service...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020