Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 21, 2020 09:33AM
[slickdeals.net]

Grateful11
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Huge TV complete series sale on Apple Itunes
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: November 21, 2020 10:20AM
Is $80.00 a good price for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Complete Series?

It would be nice if it streamed on Disney+, but looks like it is Hulu?

Steve
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 21, 2020 10:23AM
"Wonder Years complete with all the original music $10"

Boo!!

I was all set to jump on this one and got pranked!

Boo and Hiss!!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 21, 2020 10:24AM
How is it that Mama's Family is NOT in the lowest price tier?

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 21, 2020 10:24AM
Babylon 5 for $30 is tempting. Its the original SD version. The live action was originally shot on film, in 16:9 and cropped to 4:3. The CG was 640x480 then interlaced, so its basically 240p. JM Strazinsky had planned/hoped that the CG Elements would be replaced/remastered in the future.

The studio promptly "lost" the CG Files after the show was cancelled, so I don't have much hope for a remastered version to ever come out. The Studio owns the TV rights, so they might "reboot" in the future. Given the (laughably low) quality of Star Trek Reboots out now, I don't have much hope for that either.

The Creator JMS does own the movie rights, but only if the Studio releases the TV rights...so in typical business fashion, the studio would rather have all of nothing than half of something!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 21, 2020 11:03AM
Rolando
Babylon 5 for $30 is tempting. Its the original SD version. The live action was originally shot on film, in 16:9 and cropped to 4:3. The CG was 640x480 then interlaced, so its basically 240p. JM Strazinsky had planned/hoped that the CG Elements would be replaced/remastered in the future.

The studio promptly "lost" the CG Files after the show was cancelled, so I don't have much hope for a remastered version to ever come out. The Studio owns the TV rights, so they might "reboot" in the future. Given the (laughably low) quality of Star Trek Reboots out now, I don't have much hope for that either.

The Creator JMS does own the movie rights, but only if the Studio releases the TV rights...so in typical business fashion, the studio would rather have all of nothing than half of something!

It is a remastered version.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: November 21, 2020 11:10AM
I picked up Night Court, an old favorite, for $30 for the series (roughly 15¢ an episode). Of course, that means it'll show up on a streaming service soon.

I have the B5 set from several Christmases back. It became the remastered version at some point since (I love that Apple does this). The f/x is a bit rough in the modern era, but the stories (the politics) are still poignant and enjoyable. Some great casting, and a top notch story thread from JMS.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 21, 2020 11:21AM
Dukes of Hazzard for $30.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 21, 2020 01:27PM
A lot of these are also on sale at Vudu for similar prices (notably Vudu includes "Season 8" of Buffy, which is an animated comic book? I haven't watched it, but iTunes does not include it). Personally, I hate the iTunes interface for TV series, though I'm still on High Sierra, so maybe it's better in later OS's?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 21, 2020 02:18PM
freeradical
Rolando

The previews all show 4:3, it says "SD"

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 23, 2020 01:21AM
Rolando
freeradical
Rolando

The previews all show 4:3, it says "SD"

The DVD version has the problems you wrote of, those were 16:9transfers from the original SD material available. If these are SD 4:3 transfers and actually remastered, that is potentially possible. About a year or more ago JMS mentioned that the original film prints for TV broadcast had been located. A transfer from those wold be of better quality than what ended up on the DVDs. I don't know if that ended up happening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020