advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Home Depot back order... will I ever get it?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 21, 2020 03:44PM
I ordered a Ryobi leaf blower coming up on 3 months ago for $299. While this SKU isn't available in local stores, it is supposedly listed as being available for delivery in 7 to 10 days at full retail price of $399 for the last three weeks. I have called the customer service number twice and both times they said I should expect delivery notification shortly. Should I really expect this before the leaves I had hoped to blow are finally absorbed back into the earth?

www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-145-MPH-625-CFM-40-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Backpack-Blower-Two-5-0-Ah-Batteries-and-Charger-Included-RY40440-2B/309485789

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Home Depot back order... will I ever get it?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 21, 2020 03:52PM
If it that is the exact same item that you ordered with the same SKU and UPC what I would do is place another order today. When that item comes in go to Customer service with both orders and tell them you only want the cheaper one.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 21, 2020 04:03PM
I would prefer to escalate it up the customer support chain of command but I got the impression it was difficult to do with various people working from home.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 21, 2020 04:05PM
Filliam H. Muffman
I would prefer to escalate it up the customer support chain of command but I got the impression it was difficult to do with various people working from home.

That would be the ideal method, but I've found it is a lot easier to manipulate the system than to try and get issues fixed outside the normal flow. Once the product is in the actual store unless the manager is a complete idiot you should be able to walk out with it with the lower price.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 21, 2020 04:29PM
....can you.....back 'dat...thang up.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 21, 2020 04:30PM
C(-)ris
Filliam H. Muffman

That would be the ideal method, but I've found it is a lot easier to manipulate the system than to try and get issues fixed outside the normal flow. Once the product is in the actual store unless the manager is a complete idiot you should be able to walk out with it with the lower price.

Even if he is, you will almost certainly get it at the lower price. Just have your confirmation showing the lower price, but make absolutely sure the SKUs are the same. Sometimes the product looks the same but the SKU is slightly different.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 21, 2020 05:20PM
As Newt would say -- that blows.

just be careful - many stores have online sales in a completely different channel than store sales. The price in one may not crossover to the other. Further, if you have not been charged for the online sale then it is not a sale, it is an unfulfilled order.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: rz
Date: November 23, 2020 01:06PM
I ordered a shelving system from them last year. Was being shipped from GA, about a 6 hour drive away. Got the notice it had shipped, and got a notice saying it was on its way, then.... nothing. Expected delivery day came and went. After a few days I called and they had no idea what happened. Part of the order had come in, but not all of it. They were waiting for the whole thing to come in to inform me it was time to pick it up. I finally went in and picked up the stuff that had come, and they ordered the shelving system again. They ended up refunding me the amount of one panel of the shelving system, which was around $40. So it might be worth it to complain a little.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 163
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020