advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $96.86 ( -0.33 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OT: Anyone ever get a refund from USPS for a late express mail delivery ?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 10, 2007 04:22PM
Wife sent a letter express yesterday, was told 'guaranteed by noon or money back'. And she asked me to 'watch it'. So I signed up for the email. And lo- they emailed me that it was delivered at 2:40. So I look for the refund instructions (found em) and filled out the classic 1990's USG form. I'll let her take it to the PO on her way to work tomorrow.

So- will she get argued with ? Has anyone ever done this ?

I was just thinking of all the corporations that express mail stuff and are prolly owed thousands. Might be a nice sideline business "I'll get you money back from the USPS in exchance for 25% !"
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: Anyone ever get a refund from USPS for a late express mail delivery ?
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: May 10, 2007 04:25PM
Interesting. One guy at the local post office explains to all customers that it's guaranteed only to get there before, and I quote, "the end of time."

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: vicrock
Date: May 10, 2007 04:52PM
Yes - I got a refund when so called "express mail" arrived after TWO WEEKS!

Further - they wouldn't refund the $$ until the package actually arrived - my comment was - what happens if it NEVER gets there?
Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: May 10, 2007 05:07PM
How would they know if it was late? They took all the clocks out of the post offices so people standing in line would know exactly how long they had waited.

[consumerist.com]

From Article:

'The USPS is removing clocks from post offices in order to allow customers to better "focus on the postal service."'

Fred Also
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: May 10, 2007 05:21PM
Yes. About 5 years ago. I went in, had to speak to a supervisor, it took all of 2 minutes or so to show my receipt and fill out a brief form and I was actually paid a full refund in cash on the spot.

I believe they pay with a check now and it can take a couple of weeks to process..
Not me, but...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 10, 2007 08:38PM
...I've been at the P.O. on two occasions where somebody got a refund for late Express Mail, but delivered the same day.

The clerk took the receipt, left the window for about two or three minutes, came back with a refund form for the customer to complete (I think just their name and address), checked ID, took the receipt and form, and paid the man. Looked pretty simple.

On one occasion, a customer didn't have a receipt, and got no refund. Not happy, but oh well.

The P.O. could help me focus on their service by removing cellphones from customers. Better yet, a Faraday cage, with a small sign outside and in that says-- "Prepare to have your call dropped. Resistance is futile."

The checks thing sounds a little weird. That's much ado about nothing, except perhaps if they suspect fraud.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

Pixels were born to be punished. -Frederick Van Johnson

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 10, 2007 11:40PM
Was just in the P.O. on 16th and Bryant in San Fran and nobody was in there. Just about all Post Offices I go to these days have short lines.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: May 10, 2007 11:46PM
At our local post office windows, there are signs posted to finish cell phone calls before approaching.

Posted by: MacMagus
Date: May 11, 2007 03:39AM
> The P.O. could help me focus on their service by removing cellphones from customers.

The lines at my Post Office after 10am are huge. I don't blame people for making phone calls while waiting on line.

I've watched full feature-length movies on my cell phone while waiting on line during the holiday season.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login