advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Entourage v. X: SPAM Suddenly Infiltrating Inbox
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 26, 2006 06:28PM
This is bad. The past several days, despite "high" spam filtering and numerous rules that include offending keywords, I am getting inundated with spam. On 10.3.9, PB 1.67, using Office v. X (Entourage). Up 'til now, filtering has been flawless. Anybody know why this crap isn't ending up in my junk box?

I even set up a new rule today to cover this penis enlargement stuff; no joy! Aaaack! Ayudame, por favor.

TIA,
SteveO
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Entourage v. X: SPAM Suddenly Infiltrating Inbox
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: January 26, 2006 11:27PM
I've seen the same as well, but it started about a month ago. I've asked at the Entourage forums, and they say that the spammers are using a new method for getting past Entourage's filter. They also have pointed out that Entourage's system is not bayesian, meaning it doesn't get smarter as it goes along.

I'm seriously considering getting Spam Sieve which I've heard only good about. Integrates well with Entourage X and 2004.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Re: Entourage v. X: SPAM Suddenly Infiltrating Inbox
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 29, 2006 12:37PM
Hey, thanks, Tuqqer. That is good to know. I suspected maybe the spammers were getting smarter. Shiat!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018