advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Oh, AAPL, why do you mock me so?
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 31, 2007 12:00PM
I own a single share of Apple, which I got as a gift (one of those framed things) years ago. The person got it for me when Apple was about $15 and it was before the split.

I coulda sunk hundreds, even thousands, into Apple back around the turn of the century but didn't. I tried a few times, but there was so much bullshirt in getting an account set up to buy it that I never did it.

As they say, there's nothing more expensive than regret. AAPL will probably split again soon. Maybe then.

same as it ever was
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh, AAPL, why do you mock me so?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 31, 2007 12:06PM

$4500 at $16 per pre split.
Posted by: Jem
Date: May 31, 2007 12:13PM
RacerX...

Worth north of $68,000 now? Nice!

Hope it's in a Roth IRA ;)
Posted by: Jem
Date: May 31, 2007 12:46PM
Zoid,

If you haven't already, consider opening an IRA trading account with Scottrade. Trades are $7, and you get access to real time streaming quotes.

Pretty quick and easy to get set up as long as you aren't doing it last minute.

When I first set up my Scottrade account I had about $13K in CDs to roll in to it. Apple was $19/share (pre-split). Stupidly, as a new investor (gambler?) I dubbed around and moved it around alot to different stocks and lost a good portion of the value in it.

Had I dumped it and *left* it in AAPL it would be worth over $165,000 now.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... I have a good portion of what's left back in AAPL, and it's making up for lost time... sortof. But man, had I just left it alone...

Good luck!
Posted by: stephen
Date: May 31, 2007 02:50PM
I sold mine and bought back in at roughly the same price after the split - so I'm only enjoying half the gain, but it's better than nothing.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 31, 2007 03:15PM
Jem
RacerX...

Worth north of $68,000 now? Nice!

Hope it's in a Roth IRA ;)

yeah, that's the best part too.

They are also one of the stocks in mutual fund I own of socially responsible corporations. Most of the time, they alone prop up the funds value.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 31, 2007 05:22PM
Jem
it would be worth over $165,000 now.

I had that much available to invest when APPL was at $15/share. Imagine my pain.

It is what it is.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 31, 2007 11:13PM
Would it feel any better if you hadn't bought ANY shares- EVER? I remember when it was $19 or so, and I didn't really have much money at all at the time, but I would have bought a few, or so I think. Now it seems like it is too expensive to buy, but it just keeps going up, and up... sigh
Posted by: SparkyNimrod
Date: June 01, 2007 12:02AM
Racer X, I've been meaning to ask - with whom do you have your RothIRA? I need to open one real soon, and would love to have the ability to drop some of it into AAPL. I was looking at Vanguard, but it doesn't look like they have an IRA option that allows you to choose individual stocks. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015