advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Font Issues - Need Help/Suggestions
Posted by: spacescape
Date: June 08, 2007 08:13AM
After reading through GeneL's issues w/ his new MacPro and seeing Marc Anthony's suggestion to "resolve duplicates" under the Font Manager I decided to do some font work on my system at work to see if it resolves my issues here at work.

[forums.macresource.com]

Several things were fixed great. However, a few did not so I was planning on going to find the originals and fix them manually. But, before I did so, I restarted and pulled up a current project that I'm working on that uses Dingbats and Arial. Suddenly Quark is asking for me to buy dingbats so I decided to quit quark and enable the other 3 versions of Zapf Dingbats which fixed the problem. Then I noticed that my Arial fonts are messed up but they say that they are fine. So I ended up enabling the Arial fonts that are "OFF" (off because I resolved duplicates) to see if my fonts come up correctly. They did.

So now what? Do you guys think I should collect for output, disable all the Zapf Dingbats and Arial Fonts and then "ADD" the collected versions? Any other suggestions?

Even though I have about 5-7 "DOTS" in my FontBook before I had probably close to 20 and everything seems to be working smoothly now.

Thanks!
Bill
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 230
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015