Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Macbook battery replacement
Posted by: Billiken
Date: June 09, 2007 01:33AM
Looking for advice.... (from Poland)

In April, I convinced a friend to buy a MacBook. This is not an easy task here in Poland, where Windows PCs are the norm, and it's very hard to find Apple products. However, I did a good sales job, and he broke down and bought the MacBook in a local computer store (the only Apple product they had in stock). And he was very happy. For about a week.

Then, the battery failed. He ran the battery update as described on Apple's web page

[www.apple.com]

and even after this the symptoms remained. So began the trials of dealing with Apple Poland.

(1) The computer was bought in another town, but he took it to the Apple service provider in our city. No go. The local Apple service said "no, you need to take it to the store where you bought it." We protested this to Apple Poland, and they confirmed the policy.

(2) Upon returning to the computer store where purchased, their solution was going to be to send back the whole computer for repair. Estimated time 4-6 weeks. Another call to Apple Poland--this time we were informed to just send the battery in directly, and my friend could keep the MacBook.

(3) Yesterday, after 6 weeks, and no contact from Apple, my friend called Apple service in Warsaw to get an update. The response was that they don't have any batteries yet, and have no idea when they'll be getting any. He didn't even get a "sorry".

So, my friend is now quite bent out of shape, and I'm in the doghouse over the whole thing. Any thoughts on what to do next? Would Apple in the USA be able to help with this? (Apple Poland really isn't Apple--it's an independent company that has exclusive rights for Apple distribution in Poland.) Who could I contact to escalate this situation?

Any suggestions most welcomed!

Billiken in Bydgoszcz
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Macbook battery replacement
Posted by: jeffNOTjon
Date: June 09, 2007 05:34AM
After market batteries for the MacBook (from [www.newertech.com] for example), are not expected until late fall. At the US Apple Store, MacBook batteries are showing a 3 - 5 day shipping window. Suggest you contact US Apple Public Relations for remedy on your MacBook which is under warranty.

Apple Public Relations (408) 974-2042
Re: Macbook battery replacement
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 09, 2007 10:56AM
jeffNOTjon
After market batteries for the MacBook (from [www.newertech.com] for example), are not expected until late fall. At the US Apple Store, MacBook batteries are showing a 3 - 5 day shipping window. Suggest you contact US Apple Public Relations for remedy on your MacBook which is under warranty.

Apple Public Relations (408) 974-2042

Public Relations seems like a very odd group to contact about this, they deal with press/media and are more of a marketing group.

Customer Support or Customer Relations seems like the more appropriate group. This list doesn't show Poland, but maybe a neighboring country would be of some assitance, or try the US number.

[www.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018