advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $99.18 ( -1.57 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tracfone simcard: Can I use it to transfer contacts from one phone to another?
Posted by: jonny
Date: July 07, 2007 01:44PM
Anyone had any luck with this? From Nokia 1100 to same.

Thanks!

Jonny
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tracfone simcard: Can I use it to transfer contacts from one phone to another?
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 07, 2007 02:02PM
I tried putting a Tracfone SIM card from my daughter's old Nokia Tracfone into a new Tracfone, same model, and it didn't work. I thought it should have, but maybe the Tracfone SIMS are tied to the phone they are activated on. You might try calling their customer service, but quality there is hit or miss in my experience.

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: Tracfone simcard: Can I use it to transfer contacts from one phone to another?
Posted by: chuck_k
Date: July 07, 2007 02:14PM
It should work, even if you can't make calls.

But why bother? Just move the contacts onto the SIM card itself. When you change phones, you have to change SIMs--and your contacts go with you.

If you change SIMs, you copy from the SIM to the phone, insert new SIM, then copy from phone to SIM.

Nokia makes this easy...
Date: July 07, 2007 02:40PM
Doesn't work. It won't even let me into the menu.
Date: July 07, 2007 03:49PM
tracfone.com has an activate/reactivate my phone area. Looks like you should be able to move that SIM to a different phone. You can at least try to call them; they give a phone number.
Date: July 07, 2007 03:54PM
tried.

no go.

it's idiotic. i thought that was the whole point of a sim card.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: July 07, 2007 04:26PM
Except with Tracfone - the SIM is locked to that specific Tracfone.

Probably some side effect of their proprietary software (which does allow airtime/expiration to be tracked on the phone itself)

>i thought that was the whole point of a sim card.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 07, 2007 04:27PM
>You might try calling their customer service, but quality there is hit or miss in my experience.

You got that right. I tried to get the minutes transfered from a dead Tracfone to another of
the same model. It was an unbelievable ordeal. The accent of the two people I talked with
was horrible. Don't even bother asking to speak to someone in the US. Other than that the
phone service was fine, Alltel was my carrier. I'm thinking of giving my regular cellphone to
my son when he goes off to college next month and getting myself another Tracphone mainly
to save a few dollars and they have great non-flip phones, Alltel and the rest of them have
almost nothing in non-flips.

Grateful11
Date: July 07, 2007 05:00PM
If prepaid is your thing, T-Mobile is the best deal hands down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login