advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Can bad technique cause TextEdit to quit?
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: July 09, 2007 10:26AM
This was the 1st time I've lost something to TextEdit quitting, an app I use daily. This in 10.3.9
I don't recall the Exact sequence of events -it was late- so bear w/me:

TextEdt suddenly quit when I was messing around w/a 2nd or 3rd TxtEdt window open, and trying to copy an image into one -incorrectly, by selecting the image in a Preview window and trying to copy/paste it (no go), then closing that blank doc.

So invalid commands were made, but nothing too taxing I wouldn't think... MDD w/2GB ram.

Can this happen like that, or should I be looking to do some maintenance (or upgrade) to prevent a repeat?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Can bad technique cause TextEdit to quit?
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 09, 2007 12:42PM
It's possible that it's a bug in TextEdit, given that it's 10.3.9, it probably hasn't been updated in quite a while, and even with lots of testing, software bugs in infrequent error situations like you initially had sometimes don't get caught.

Has everything else in your system been very stable? If so, it might just be a bug in a weird error handling situation in TextEdit.
Date: July 09, 2007 06:04PM
Yes, everything has been normal otherwise, so wanted to check here.
Something tells me that way back (pre 10.3.9), a similar thing once happened w/TextEdit to me...
Posted by: viaripatti
Date: July 10, 2007 10:07AM
Since TexEdit has no real complex preference settings, you might go to Users/(you)/library/Preferences Drag the file, "com.apple.TextEdit.plist" to the trash. Now relaunch TexEdit and see if you can get it to quit doing the same routine.
Date: July 10, 2007 11:16AM
Will try that, thanks. But unlikely to be able to accurately retrace my same late-night missteps...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 194
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018