advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How is Vonics working out? My Teleblend line is down again!
Posted by: loveshine
Date: August 15, 2007 03:16PM
My Teleblend line is out again. Stay away if it isn't too late.

I like the Vonics feature set but was waiting to hear how it was woking out from those of you who are trying it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How is Vonics working out? My Teleblend line is down again!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 15, 2007 03:25PM
Its working out well except for one thing -

They assigned a "temporary" number. What does this mean?

We can make phone calls and they appear to be from the temporary number. However, we can't get incoming calls at this number. Its not much of a surprise - we were assigned 999-0030. Completion of our number transfer would fix this but who knows how long it will take or if it will even take.

I think the general opinion about them is that they're good if you're willing to do a bit of nagging to get set up properly.

In all fairness, most (all?) VoIP providers are having a touch of trouble providing service due to the influx of SunRocket customers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2007 03:29PM by mattkime.
Posted by: wolfcry911
Date: August 15, 2007 03:40PM
I went with Packet8 and have had no trouble. I had a new number that worked fine while my old was being ported from SunRocket. I was able to set up call fowarding on the SR site and received my calls until 8/06. My number was ported on 8/09 so I had three days without my number.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: August 15, 2007 07:14PM
I went with the Net2Phone deal for Sunrocket refugees. I flashed my Innomedia adapter and had outgoing calls almost immediately. However, the 2-3 days to port my number from Sunrocket took about 3 weeks, so we initially had the Sunrocket number forwarded to our cell phones. That eventually went away when the Teleblend service went haywire last week.

Our number was finally ported yesterday and all is well for now... Call quality seems better than with Sunrocket (no echo).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 253
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018