Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $104.83 ( +1.84 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Pfabulous pfaucet w/pfunky pfu**ing pfull-out hose
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: August 16, 2007 01:07PM
I just received a Price-Pfister kitchen faucet, single handle pull-out. The good news is, after reading a thread here recommending eBay for sourcing, I bought this one for only $40 deliv (cf $117 +tax from Home Depot online only) from seller The Faucet Discounters.
It was shipped direct from Price-Pfister, and is definitely new never previously stocked merchandise.

What I'm not thrilled about is the manufacturer's choice of material for the pull-out hose of the faucet, which is a pale imitation of braided steel --in a very thin-pfeeling Plastic!
--How long is That pfunny piece supposed to last??
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pfabulous pfaucet w/pfunky pfu**ing pfull-out hose
Posted by: AAA
Date: August 16, 2007 01:19PM
Pforever.
Posted by: yeoman
Date: August 16, 2007 01:22PM
I just couldn't resist...what a great subject line.
Posted by: handyj
Date: August 16, 2007 03:04PM
I don't like to make people feel bad by running down their purchases but since you asked. I'm often called to replace this type of Price-Pfister faucet. You're right, the braided hose will wear through in a few years. I also often find that the plastic seat the sprayer rests in will crack and finally, when the sprayer goes bad it's ridiculously expensive to replace. When I come across any one of the problems i replace the unit. But please don't feel bad with my negatives. You will get your value back in it's lifetime.

handyj
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 16, 2007 03:19PM
I have heard that most manufacturers have several grades/levels of quality, and the HD/Lowes ones (and other places like them)carry the poorly made cheap line. They are shooting for low pricepoint. You need to go to a good plumbing supply outfit andlookin their showroom to guage quality, then get the EXACT part# and search for prices online that way.
Posted by: Chupa Chupa
Date: August 16, 2007 04:24PM
Listen to what everyone is saying. Return it if you can. The cheap materials you noticed are PF's trademark. It's crappy builder's quality grade. It will not last. You are guaranteed to have leaks in 3-5 years. Moen is a better choice. A tad more expensive but it will last. No plastic washers or other materials that will disintegrate.
Posted by: Plumbking
Date: August 16, 2007 05:58PM
Price Pfister is a piece of pshit.

Don't pay $40 for a fixture you use multiple times every single day. Think about it, you use the kitchen sink more than the shower, more than the toilet (well some people don't). Spend the money on a good quality fixture like Grohe.

It is a pleasure to turn on a Grohe faucet to wash dishes. The smoothness of the handle. the beautiful cascade of the stream. All the pullouts have springs that retract the hose back into place.

Buy the PP for the 1/2 bath that is rarely used.

We all like bargins and saving money but we don't buy crappy computers. We buy Macs.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: August 16, 2007 07:26PM

Posted by: Stavs
Date: August 16, 2007 09:46PM
Plumbking

Buy the PP for the 1/2 bath that is rarely used.

Thats exactly what I did. smiling smiley

I bought mine for looks...my new half bath is mainly for the sh@tter.
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: August 17, 2007 02:32AM
Well, the faucet the Price-Psphincter is replacing (which looks almost identical) was an Eljer, admittedly also a POS, but one that did last about a dozen years. Ok, at least the Eljer had a chrome plated pull-out hose...

When I get more cash, I promise to get a proper German pfixture. Pfor now, the pfunny one's going in.

edit: And in the meantime, I'll use the pull-out feature Very sparingly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2007 02:33AM by Psurfer.
Posted by: Stavs
Date: August 17, 2007 04:25AM
Grohes are rextremely expensive...just a cursory glance showed most of them were more than my toilet! Its ind of hard to justify a faucet that costs as much or more than mac mini.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: August 17, 2007 06:21AM
What is it good Pfhor ?
A Marathon?

Thanks, incog!

=TC
"Ye Olde Farte of Ye Internette"--a Wilted Tindmill® Production
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login