Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $94.24 ( +0.30 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Durable, tough, reading glasses..decent looking is a plus
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: August 26, 2007 12:27PM
I do a lot of construction work and beat the crap out of my reading glasses...anyone have a line on really tough reading glasses?

If you know of any glasses that are tough and won't get lost as well..that is cool too.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Durable, tough, reading glasses..decent looking is a plus
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 26, 2007 12:47PM
I went the opposite route..

Dollar store... 10 pairs, 10 bucks..
Screw up a set, toss 'em.

Same as I do with safety glasses, only I haven't found a source of safety glasses that cheap yet.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 26, 2007 12:51PM
toughness is relative, but so they don't get lost, that's simple; put a label on them that reads:

"If you are reading this label, you have most likely been infected by a sensitive radioactive isotope. Please return these glasses immediately to Kraniac to obtain the antidote which will prevent the infection from spreading, or doing any permanent damage if the antidote taken within the approximate 24 hour incubation period from now. Please call Kraniac at (800) 555-1234 to expedite the glasses for antidote exchange."

or, do like Mrs. Buzz, and buy the three packs at costco, or in quantity at the dollar store, and don't worry about them...
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: August 26, 2007 11:37PM
I already do the Costco 3 fors and that's cool but the durable ones there..i don't like em, lenses to small. The lightweights break to easily.

I guess I'm looking for some buddy holly frames with big lenses and slightly better build. then I'd buy ten of those. I hate wasting stuff and I tend to try to keep my @#$%& a long time...nice to build bonds with life's crap in your pockets ????? I do use them as combo, light duty safety glasses / reading goggles.
Posted by: AAA
Date: August 27, 2007 09:32AM
How does one 'fit' a pair of off-the-shelf reading glasses? Just try them on and try reading some text?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login