advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hey. it's snowing in Atlanta
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 06, 2006 09:23AM
I know it's nothing for most of you guys, but it is an unusual occurance here. The flakes are huge! It looks like cotton balls are falling from the sky. Here is a quick pic, you can't really tell how big the flakes are, but trust me, they are BIG.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hey. it's snowing in Atlanta
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: February 06, 2006 09:28AM
I had to get out the camcorder. Yep, folks, it's that rare around here. Now it's alternating snow and rain so it's like a big slushy out there. Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Posted by: msglee
Date: February 06, 2006 09:29AM
"Trust me" that's a guy's line.

Is that the front of your house"

Bowleys Quarters MD
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: February 06, 2006 09:34AM
Don't drive today - all those snow virgins will be a killing field.
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: February 06, 2006 09:48AM
If the flakes are that big enjoy it while it lasts, which will not be long. It's the teeny flakes that accumulate to two feet or so.

And please don't send it up the coast to us. I appreciate sharing but not in this case.
Posted by: kanesa
Date: February 06, 2006 10:06AM
The saying here in Wisconsin is

"Big flakes....little snow
Small flakes...big snow"
Date: February 06, 2006 10:06AM
As Mike Sellers, who lives a just a few miles from me said, it has turned to a yucky rain now. So it looks like a nasty day ahead.

Yes, msglee, that is the view from my dining room window looking out to the front yard.

Gutenberg,
I think it is moving mostly west to east in a straight line, so hopefully it won't move up to you. But, you never know. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: dmann
Date: February 06, 2006 10:13AM
The last time I was in Atlanta I had the joy of landing at the already chaotic Hartsfield during a rare snow shower. We actually landed on time. The luggage from our flight, however, took an hour and a half to make it to the baggage terminal.

Of course, that can happen at Hartsfield no matter what, but supposedly the baggage handlers had a tough time driving those carts in the snow!

Be careful out there-
DM
Posted by: blooz
Date: February 06, 2006 10:28AM
Hey, we have something in common, rgG. It was snowing at my place this morning too. I also expect it will be gone when i get home.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: February 06, 2006 10:33AM
It would be nothing out of the ordinary here in North Central Iowa. We haven't seen much of the fluffy stuff since mid December. It's been a very warm winter with highs in the mid to upper 30's since Christmas. I'm not complaining, especially after getting the gas bill in mid December.

Posted by: Billybob
Date: February 06, 2006 11:28AM
It would be rarer still here in N. Florida.

It's about 65 now with an expected high of 70.

The sun is a little intense, but you get use to it.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: February 06, 2006 11:37AM
Looks an awful lot like rain to me (and has since daybreak); must have been warmer on the west side.

We had about four inches of snow, oh, 2-3 years ago. Pretty much shut the place down, but nothing like the genuine blizzard of 1993 that dropped a few feet on Atlanta and Birmingham. Even snowed in Pensacola, Florida that day.
Posted by: -jeffB
Date: February 06, 2006 11:46AM
We go down to Lagrange (southwest of Atlanta) every year around Christmas, and I think three or four out of the last ten years we've seen snow while we were there. It's really spooky.

It looks like the snow will stay well south of us here in central NC. You can't win.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: February 06, 2006 12:00PM
Yeah, I remember the blizzard of '93. A friend came down and we went to see Prince at the Fox the night before. He intended to leave for home the next day but got snowed in with my family. I'm not sure he enjoyed hanging out with two 6-month old babies for the weekend. Ah, good times.
Posted by: Phy
Date: February 06, 2006 12:02PM
Sunshine and about 45 degrees here in W. Washington.
It's a rare treat, since we've gotten pretty soggy lately.
Date: February 06, 2006 12:08PM
I've got pics of my daughter in the snow from the '93 snowfest. She was around a year and a half old. She looked so cute standing there flapping her arms up and down. Her arms were all she could move since I had her so bundled up.

The rare snow storms we sometimes get are bad, but the ice storms we get are horrible. The power lines go down, the transformers blow and the pine tree limbs break, makes a real mess. I hope we don't ever get another one of those, but we probably will sooner or later.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: February 06, 2006 01:54PM
I went to bed last night to the sound of sleet, hoping everything would be covered in snow when I woke up this morning. Instead, it was raining.

Posted by: msienkiewicz
Date: February 06, 2006 10:48PM
The weather was so boring today up in the DC area that the radio weathercaster reported the Atlanta weather instead...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 289
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018