advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Monstrous Thunderbird Problems!!!
Posted by: IronMac
Date: February 06, 2006 11:06AM
Ok, want to see if anyone has any advice. I've got TB 1.0.7 loaded and running 10.3.9. I've got one IMAP account (Fastmail) and three POP accounts. The problem is with the IMAP account...here is the succession of posts from today that I've posted in the Mozilla support forum:

First post:

Well, so far so good...my system crashed yesterday for some reason so starting off the week almost fresh. TB has been behaving since Friday afternoon. Got a lot of emails to go through today so let's see how it goes.

Second post:

Well, had a bit of a hiccup deleting a message in my IMAP Inbox folder. I went to my other Inboxes (all POP) and deleted messages there and checked for messages on all accounts. For some reason this works in "refreshing" the IMAP Inbox folder and I have good success in deleting a message that wants to keep on living.

Third post:

Another deletion hiccup. Went to another POP Inbox folder...deleted a spam email that got through to there (which then goes to Trash)...went back to the IMAP Inbox folder and the email was gone.

Fourth post:

Replied to an email in my IMAP Inbox and sent it off. Noticed an email that had come through in the meantime, did not bother to read it but wanted to delete it. It won't delete. Ok....see another email...read that one...tried to delete that too. Now, I've got two emails that won't delete..one read..one unread.

Move to a POP Inbox folder...deleted a whole bunch of spam emails that I don't bother reading. Worked fine. Go back to the IMAP Inbox...the unread email has disappeared but the read one is still there. Just read another email...went to delete it...it won't delete. Now, I've got two emails that won't delete.

Seriously, anyone have any sort of idea what's going on here? It can't be that I'm having this sort of trouble simply because I have a few emails or that I have an IMAP account! Do I have to constantly shut down TB and restart it? Or is something else going on?

Fifth post:

Ok, shut down and restarted TB. Now, I can delete those two (read) emails that refused to die.

The above is only from this morning! This is almost typical of what I've been experiencing for the last month or so. Compacting my folders don't help because that's only for POP and my POP accounts work great. For IMAP you are supposed to be "expunging" your accounts and, yes, I am doing that. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Monstrous Thunderbird Problems!!!
Posted by: Billybob
Date: February 06, 2006 11:22AM
Update to TB 1.5?

I haven't been impressed with recent releases, but they can't hurt.

Deleting TB preferences might also help. There may be something screwed up in there.
Date: February 06, 2006 11:31AM
I don't dare update to 1.5 at the moment...see too many people with problems at 1.5.
Date: February 06, 2006 08:33PM
Bit the bullet after a whole afternoon of problems and upgraded to 1.5.0.1. Seems to be pretty stable at the moment...only one incident of weirdness so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 300
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018