advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iLife '06 upgrade
Posted by: rouderon
Date: February 06, 2006 11:28AM
Bought a refurb G5 iMac from Apple site [ship date was 01/10/06 and purchase hit my credit card on 01/11/06]. Tried to get the $9.95 iLife upgrade from here [www.apple.com] - which doesn't specify that refurbs are exempted from the upgrade. Got upgrade denial letter from Apple and the reason was that my purchase was a refurb.

Am I outta luck on this one or is there any recourse/direction I can take to get the $9.95 upgrade (and, no - not looking to take Apple to court - just wondering if anyone else has had same/similar experience with Apple upgrade and got them to change their mind).
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iLife '06 upgrade
Posted by: pinion
Date: February 06, 2006 11:43AM
"This offer is not valid on the purchase of used, auction, or demonstration equipment."

I imagine regurbs fall into that area. If not then this line here covors them.

"Apple reserves the right to change the terms of this offer at any time without notice."

You could always call customer service and complain. Threatening to pistol whip the customer service rep will help.

---“What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own.”
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: February 06, 2006 11:45AM
Yes, my on-line form submission was automatically denied once I put in the serial number of the iMac I bought last week.
Posted by: rouderon
Date: February 06, 2006 11:55AM
"Apple reserves the right to change the terms of this offer at any time without notice." was what made me think I was pretty much done, but thought someone here might have found a way around the refub issue.

Was looking specifically for the term 'refurb' on the above site as what Apple would exempt, but I confer that - technically - refurbs are used models. Oh well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018