advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
to 'ER' is human, to forgive..!. . .'ER' might get 15th season. . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 06, 2007 10:59PM
. . .say it ain't so. . .

'ER' May Stay Open a While
Exec producer Wells game for one more season

The 14th season of "ER" may not be its last.

NBC's long-running medical drama, which will air its 300th episode in a few weeks, was believed to be on its last legs. Executive producer John Wells, however, says the show may still have life in it.

Wells, who's been with the show from its beginnings in 1994 and is directing the 300th episode, tells Variety that he'll start talking with the network soon about a possible 15th year for the show. "ER" is currently the second longest-running drama on television, trailing only its NBC brethren "Law & Order."

Though the series is nowhere near the ratings juggernaut it once was, it still draws OK numbers for NBC. So far this season, it's averaging 9.9 million viewers per week and a respectable 4.1 rating in the advertisers' preferred demographic of adults 18-49. The latter mark is good enough to win its timeslot over CBS' "Without a Trace," which has a sizable advantage in total viewers.

As for the immediate future, "ER" is in the same boat as most other scripted series: The writers' strike will cause production to go idle in the near future. Wells was one of dozens of writer-producers who signed an ad in Tuesday's trade papers pledging not to work on their shows until writers reach an agreement with the media companies that employ them.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2007 11:05PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: to 'ER' is human, to forgive..!. . .'ER' might get 15th season. . .
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 07, 2007 12:15AM
actually, i thought it was toast last year but this season has been surprisingly, umm, not horrible. i love doctor shows but i haven't liked the wildly popular Grey's Anatomy so i still hang in with ER.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: November 07, 2007 05:30AM
to ER is human?

wow.... that's a "newton" low!

And we already know my humor goes pretty low!!

:-D
Posted by: kanesa
Date: November 07, 2007 06:21AM
I love this show.
And sometimes I feel like I am the only person who watches it.
When I bring it up at work, most people's response is "Is that still on?".
I would be thrilled if they brought it back again next year.
Posted by: h'
Date: November 07, 2007 06:50AM
I lost interest right arouhd the horrible Forest Whitaker storyline . . .after sticking with it for 10 years. I suppose I'll catch up on the "ending" someday in the nursing home video room . . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 07, 2007 08:18AM
I use to watch it but it seems like the storylines are being recycled sometimes and most of the new actors don't enthrall me to keep watching (there are a few that are good). . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 07, 2007 11:35AM
As I said in a different thread a while back, I quit watching it years ago when it became a melodrama and had a weekly shark-jumping; every episode had an explosion in the ER, a cast member getting shot or something else ridiculous.

I saw part of an episode over the summer--what I assume was a rerun from last season--and it seems it hasn't gotten any better: two doctors were drunk and got into a fist fight in a bar during a wedding reception and later one of them dropped his keys in the middle of the street and got hit by a bus. He stood in the middle of the street staring at the oncoming bus which didn't hit the brakes--didn't even slow down--only blared the horn.

Is that the kind of thing I can expect if I tried to watch it again?

Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: November 07, 2007 02:21PM
Ray Barnett getting hit by a bus was the highlight of last season. Good Lord how I laughed in glee!

I'll probably watch ER as long as it's on the air. Overall, it's not very good, but it still has its charm. Even as story lines get recycled, the cast now is not the cast from five years ago, or from ten years ago, so it's a different show. The only person still around from the beginning is Haleh.
Posted by: h'
Date: November 07, 2007 03:21PM
Having worked at the hospital the show is based upon, it was never 100% easy for me to watch . . . I think the thing that bothered me most and ultimately made it impossible to stomach was the whiteness . . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015