advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OT: Anyone ever ship furniture via DHL?
Posted by: spacescape
Date: February 08, 2006 10:54AM
Sorry for this off topic however I need some advice. I purchased some end tables and a coffee table from someone about 3 hours away. He can personally deliver them for about $0.45 a mile. I can go pick them up. Or he can box them up for $50.00 and ship them via DHL for about $50 more.

Due to the cost of gas and my time I'm thinking of having him deliver them for the $180.00. However, $100 shipped DHL and having them early next week sound very appealing...

The tables can have their legs removed w/ three screws per leg so the boxes will be fairly flat. What makes me nervous is that my modern birch 50's tables will be shipped to California versus Detroit area or possibly be destroyed or damaged...

Anyone NOT trust DHL? Anyone have any other advice?

Thanks!
Bill
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: Anyone ever ship furniture via DHL?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 08, 2006 11:07AM
DHL sucks. . .(not in a good way)

I wouldn't trust them my spit let alone furniture!

It isn't just me. . .as I recall at the old place. . .a huge DHL sucks following. ..

To elaborate. . .the driver would indicate that he tried to deliver package when he never even showed up. . .

this happened to me 3x for one package and I WAS home all day.

Not just a fluke. . .it happend multiple times with DHL. ..

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2006 11:30AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: February 08, 2006 11:10AM
Thanks... Looks like I'll just suck it up and pay the extra $80 to have them safely brought to my front door by the dealer.
Posted by: dmann
Date: February 08, 2006 11:26AM
Of course this has nothing to do with how they handle merchandise, but I had one of their drivers treat me so badly last week that I was near tears when I called DHL to complain.

He ridiculed me in the lobby of my building and REFUSED, flat out REFUSED to sign to confirm that he picked up the package.

Beyond unacceptable. This was a prepaid thing going to Dell, so I had no choice whatsoever in the matter.

DM
Posted by: BW
Date: February 08, 2006 12:09PM
DHL does, indeed, suck.

Most theorize that this vast vacuum of suckage started the instant they acquired Airborne along with Airborne's bottomless pit of defective people and systems. From all accounts, DHL has still not managed to make many changes, other than issuing yellow shirts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 230
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020