Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $107.96 ( +0.98 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Furniture Repair (Sagging Seat)
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 16, 2007 11:09AM
I have some dining room chairs. I can have the wifes Uncle replace the arms that fell off two chairs. (Rough Grandkids), but the actual seats are sagging. I removed one of them from the base, and I can see the elastic straps that go across are weakened and not stretched and doing their job. I guess to replace them properly I would need to buy some replacement elastic type material from a furniture repair place, and then undo the staples that hold the material that wraps around and covers the place where the elastic stretchies attach.

Anyone ever done this type of repair?

Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Furniture Repair (Sagging Seat)
Posted by: billb
Date: November 16, 2007 11:23AM
Microman
I can have my (darling, wonderful) wife's Uncle replace the arms
Thanks.

'the' wife is rude.
'the' -ex is not. :-)

New straps.
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: November 16, 2007 11:40AM
I've done something similar a number of times. The trick might be finding the same kind of material that was originally used; the ones I've taken apart have all been done with burlap webbing, which comes in strips. I've never seen an elastic type in the upholstery shops I go to, so I'd suggest you first see if you can get the material you need. People who run small upholstery shops are normally very helpful and willing to brainstorm ideas and techniques with do it yourselfers, so a good first step might be finding one of those.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: November 16, 2007 11:50AM
My wife sez my sagging seat is more than a furniture issue.

=TC
"Ye Olde Farte of Ye Internette"--a Wilted TindmillĀ® Production
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login