advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $101.14 ( -0.49 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PayPal: how long do you have to file a claim? (20 business day shipping!)
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 30, 2008 09:03PM
I bought an item with "buy it now" last Sunday and sent paypal immediately; the seller has good feedback and is paypal verified. Today I checked the auction again and I noticed they say "Will usually ship within 20 business days of receiving cleared payment." I swear I read that before and it register in my memory as 2 business days , no 20. it's probably my fault, I don't think they were able to change it after the auction ended.

Anyway, I can wait, I don't need the item till April, but I wonder how long I have to file a claim with payPal? if they don't ship it...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PayPal: how long do you have to file a claim? (20 business day shipping!)
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 30, 2008 09:26PM
Wow, I looked for like 10 minutes at PayPal's site and they keep talking about BS but I would not find a clear statement on how soon a sellers should ship after receiving payment.

I remember back in 1999 or 2000 when I used paypal the first time, if you shipped to a confirmed address, you were protected against chargebacks, if you could provide tracking information. You were also supposed to ship within 7 days (I don't remember if 7 callendar days or business days). I haven't used PayPal since, and now when I look at their site there is so much crap and this information is impossible to find.

Sorry for venting. If you have a direct link, please share
Posted by: Sam3
Date: January 30, 2008 09:48PM
I believe it's 45 days to try to get your money back. At least that's what I picked up on the OLPC News forums reading about those (like me) who haven't received their XO's yet.
Posted by: lipskidder
Date: January 30, 2008 09:57PM
I have a claim going now. I went through Paypal to communicate with the seller. I paid right away and the next day they got removed for including the manufacturer description. Anyways I haven't heard back from the seller through Paypal so I escalated it into a claim. It stated they have 10 days to respond or the claim falls in my favor. The 10 days ended yesterday but haven't heard back from Paypal yet. I am going to try and contact them tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2008 09:58PM by lipskidder.
Posted by: lipskidder
Date: January 30, 2008 11:02PM
Wow, just checked my account and I won my claim. Here is what they wrote:

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $XXXXXXXX USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.
Posted by: Janit
Date: January 31, 2008 12:30AM
From the current PayPal User Agreement:

13. Disputes between Buyers and Sellers - Buyer Protection Programs.

13.3 Filing Deadlines. We will not grant any Claim unless you first initiate a Dispute in our Resolution Center within 45 Days of the date of the relevant payment and then escalate the Dispute into a Claim within 20 Days of the date you file your Dispute. It is your responsibility to keep track of the deadlines under this section.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login