advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OT: Is it Monday? I need a new Sprint PCS phone. Question for microchip13
Posted by: spacescape
Date: December 16, 2005 07:34AM
Well, today really started like a Monday. Last night, I came home, parked in the street so I could shovel... Around 10:00 PM noticed my cell phone was missing... Called it and it rang and rang (couldn't hear the phone) so I assumed it was in my car... Well, this morning I went into my car and Nope, it's not there but the battery was in the street... sad smiley

So, I need to buy or find a replacement for my Samsung VI660. I would prefer to NOT renew my contract seeing it's up in May 2006. However, I really need a phone so if I can get them to get me a new phone at a very good price (like free) I might consider renewing our contract. We have two phones and technically my wives phone is due for a free replacement now so maybe I can get them to replace hers but activate it w/ my number.

MicroChip, what phone is equivalent to a VI660 but possibly better... I really don't need 50,000 features... I just want a good reliable phone. However, if I could get it to sync w/ blue tooth (for my contacts) on my G5 that would defiantly be a bonus... Also, if bluetooth works w/ the phone, would there be anyway for me to upload photos & ring-tones to the phone via bluetooth?

Thanks MC and anyone else that has any suggestions.

Bill
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: Is it Monday? I need a new Sprint PCS phone. Question for microchip13
Posted by: microchip13
Date: December 16, 2005 07:52AM
I'm not too aware of Sprint phones.

You could try calling them up and seeing if you can do the replacement on your wifes line over to your line.

The free replacement, I'd also recommend calling them about and seeing what they can do.

As for ones similar and such, I'll look on the SPCS website and get back to you

I've gotta head out to school.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Date: December 16, 2005 07:55AM
microchip13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not too aware of Sprint phones.
>
> You could try calling them up and seeing if you
> can do the replacement on your wifes line over to
> your line.
>
> The free replacement, I'd also recommend calling
> them about and seeing what they can do.
>
> As for ones similar and such, I'll look on the
> SPCS website and get back to you
>
> I've gotta head out to school.

Thanks... I'm also considering doing a amazon/verizon deal at a profit and dropping our sprint phones and taking the "profit" and putting it twards the cost of canceling a contract.

Bill
Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 16, 2005 08:19AM
space, it you're on a family plan, T-Mobile has awesome packages these days...like 1500 anytime minutes. Compare that to 800 or 900 I get now on Sprint family plan. Don't know if Verizon compares...
Date: December 16, 2005 10:53AM
Interesting... "if" I sign up for another 2 years w/ sprint they will knock 10% off my current plan. Which is interesting because we have 1000 minutes shared and 7:00 - 7:00 nights and weekends for $70.00 + $10 for taxes and fees... So, that would be almost a $10.00 savings (well, $8.00)...

However, I'm trying to get them to give me a new phone for free or give me my wives free phone.

We'll see... However, everyone I talk to is an complete idiot... and can barily speak engrish... (yeah, english that is)...

Bill
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: December 16, 2005 11:26AM
tha't's because they're all in either the phillipines or india.
Date: December 16, 2005 11:37AM
I just called and seeing I had my phone for over a year (but under two years) I can get $75.00 twards a new phone... and my wife can get $150.00... So, I might go there and get us both new phones and renew our contract w/ 10% off my current plan...

Bill
Date: December 16, 2005 07:06PM
Anyone know "when" the 2 year agreement starts? My wife got her phone 12-1-03 and 5-1-04 I replaced my phone and renewed our contract. "if" we cancel our agreement I need to cough up $150.00 per phone... However, would my wives cancelation fee be waved seeing she's had hers 24 months?

Also, I found my old Samsung SPH A400 which worked good however the antenna is missing... This would be a good solution until May 2006 and then I could possibly move to a new provider w/o penalty.

Anyone know what the fee is to activate a phone w/ sprint?

Oh, and does anyone know "if" I can be a jerk and get two phones, activate them, renew my contract for 2 years... then go back after 14 days and say 'I don't like the agreement"... and just turn in the phones and walk away?

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2005 07:17PM by spacescape.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020