advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Aire Mattress Recommendation
Posted by: kap
Date: May 18, 2008 02:13PM
Looking for a full sized.one. We'd like one with a built-in pump. This is for extra overnight guests. Any deal for a good reliable and not too expensive one there? TiA

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 02:15PM by kap.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Aire Mattress Recommendation
Posted by: M>B>
Date: May 18, 2008 04:56PM
Kmart had a special in todays Sunday flyer.

Looks like they have a large selection on line...

[www.kmart.com]
Posted by: karsen
Date: May 18, 2008 04:58PM
My suggestion is buy a quality cot or two. They fold up small and are infinitely more comfortable than an air mattress.

We recently bought a few SlumberJack brand cots to keep on hand for guests and to camp with. If I set them both up and give guests a choice they always pick the cots. No bouncing around, no air loss, no hassle.
Posted by: MarkD
Date: May 18, 2008 05:04PM
I have bought several of these queen size intex brand inflated beds (airpump installed in bed--takes about 2-4 minutes) from sportmans Guide mail order costs about $55, cheaper if you become a club member. Several other models, styles available. They have:
1. Stopped having to look for additional beds, can use living rooms, etc (No more hidaway beds)
2. 22" high
3. nephews love helping to deflate 'em
4. Cheapest I have seen for a queen size.

[www.sportsmansguide.com]
Posted by: Black Landlord
Date: May 18, 2008 05:05PM
karsen
My suggestion is buy a quality cot or two. They fold up small and are infinitely more comfortable than an air mattress.

We recently bought a few SlumberJack brand cots to keep on hand for guests and to camp with. If I set them both up and give guests a choice they always pick the cots. No bouncing around, no air loss, no hassle.

Dunno. I can sleep on an air mattress if it's firm enough but not a cot, ever.
Although my absolute preference is a few camping mats and a sleeping bag or thick quilt on top of them on the floor.
Date: May 18, 2008 05:05PM
karsen

I recently had to sleep on an air mattress and it was quite a comfort my for aching back. My experience with the cot on the other hand was the opposite. So I assume my guests would prefer the air mattresses. The only concern is the air leakage and the inevitable embarrassment ;)

SoCal for now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 05:09PM by kap.
Posted by: Black Landlord
Date: May 18, 2008 05:09PM
kap
The only concern is the air leakage and the inevitable embarrassment ;)

No, won't touch that.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: May 18, 2008 05:32PM
We got the Queen sized at CostCo -- the sportsmansguide is about half the price. It's 18" high and standard queen sheets fit it.

We only had to "top it off" every few days and that's because we liked it super firm...
Date: May 18, 2008 05:43PM
So far the ones sold at Kmart/Sears don't have good reviews even Coleman's quality has gone down hill. I am checking out Costco. BTW, how long do these air mattresses usually last if used daily?

SoCal for now.
Posted by: karsen
Date: May 18, 2008 05:44PM
kap
karsen

I recently had to sleep on an air mattress and it was quite a comfort my for aching back. My experience with the cot on the other hand was the opposite. So I assume my guests would prefer the air mattresses. The only concern is the air leakage and the inevitable embarrassment ;)

Yeah, it all comes down to preference. The cots we have are wide and long, very much like a single bed, use a bed roll and you've got a single bed. They're also easier for older guests to get in and out of.

G'luck!
Date: May 18, 2008 05:50PM
[www.costco.com]

The one my friend loaned me is of the same brand and size. Every 5 minutes I would have to pump the air. Damn, I can even hear the air leaking out slowly!

SoCal for now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018