advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
bluetooth printing
Posted by: artie67
Date: May 19, 2008 03:44PM
Here's an easy one. New (refurb) 2.0 macbook(leopard) that I would like to bluetooth to Epson CX9400fax. It has a port for bluetooth on the front. The SWMBO also has a 24" "glossy" imac(tiger). Which bluetooth adapter works best for printing and is it possible to have two OS"s. Make it simple macbook to printer would be an easy solution. Too many cheap Epson printers can be a problem.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: bluetooth printing
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: May 19, 2008 03:55PM
artie67
Here's an easy one. New (refurb) 2.0 macbook(leopard) that I would like to bluetooth to Epson CX9400fax. It has a port for bluetooth on the front. The SWMBO also has a 24" "glossy" imac(tiger). Which bluetooth adapter works best for printing and is it possible to have two OS"s. Make it simple macbook to printer would be an easy solution. Too many cheap Epson printers can be a problem.
The *ONLY* BT dongle I have found that works with Epson printers is the one sold by Epson.

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Posted by: artie67
Date: May 19, 2008 06:46PM
Ok, in input jack is not bluetooth, but fits a USB plug. The "logo" is to raindrops or maybe tadpoles. Got to love Epson. By the way , generic ink will work if you plug it in and keep trying. I did have to put a black oem in to make the other generics work on a r300. Thanks BGR, hot in the Valley again..
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: May 19, 2008 06:49PM
artie67
Ok, in input jack is not bluetooth, but fits a USB plug. The "logo" is to raindrops or maybe tadpoles. Got to love Epson. By the way , generic ink will work if you plug it in and keep trying. I did have to put a black oem in to make the other generics work on a r300. Thanks BGR, hot in the Valley again..
Also, most BT Dongles won't even physically fit!
Hot is correct, 92ยบ F as I type.

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018