advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
So I am trying to purchase something ebay with Buy It Now
Posted by: lipskidder
Date: June 15, 2008 10:18PM
They say they have four items to sell but when I click on the button to purchase I get this:

Transaction Blocked
We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.
Where can we take you?

Anyone see this before? Is this a sign of doom?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So I am trying to purchase something ebay with Buy It Now
Posted by: h linamen
Date: June 16, 2008 06:02AM
Never seen that message, but with all the scams on eBay I would be concerned. On the other hand, if eBay itself were taking punitive action against the seller you would think the entire auction would be deleted.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: June 16, 2008 06:23AM
Yes, it happened to me yesterday, twice. Two different sellers, both have contacted me to say they are working it out with PayPal. I first thought scam, but it was two different sellers, same item, though.
I have not heard anything from either since then.
Posted by: Janit
Date: June 16, 2008 09:48AM
Some of these error messages are pretty generic, and it could be a problem with your own PayPal account.

Try logging directly into your PayPal account to make sure that its status is up-to-date -- is your credit card expiration date current etc.
Posted by: lipskidder
Date: June 16, 2008 02:14PM
I use my Paypal regularly. And they have a verified icon next to their eBay name so they look fine from here.
Posted by: Janit
Date: June 16, 2008 02:34PM
lipskidder
I use my Paypal regularly. And they have a verified icon next to their eBay name so they look fine from here.

Last month I tried to buy some postage labels through PayPal and it wouldn't let me, even though I'd used it to pay for something else an hour before. When I logged onto PayPal directly, I got a message asking me to update something regarding security -- can't remember the exact messages I got. Being paranoid, I phoned PayPal and they said something had triggered some kind of alert, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me what. I updated security info and changed my password etc, and it all worked again.

I'm still not sure what the issue was, but I've had no problems with the account since.

At other times I've had customers who had unexpected problems because they hadn't updated their credit card expiration dates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 259
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015