Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $102.99 ( +0.52 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I need a car battery: NAPA pro-rate warranty question
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: July 14, 2008 05:04PM
My old NAPA battery is toast, and is within its pro-rated warranty replcmnt period, so maybe would get $5-10 off if I swap batteries at a NAPA store.
If I want to buy a battery elsewhere for a better price (I do not have a costco membership, btw), how do I get NAPA to reimburse me for the pro-rated warr months?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I need a car battery: NAPA pro-rate warranty question
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 14, 2008 05:07PM
If NAPA will let you, they will return the balance of the value of the battery, plus the core charge, if charged in your state. They may require you to buy a new battery at a discounted price instead. (I managed an auto parts store while going to college. Never heard of a 3rd way to handle it)
Re: I need a car battery: NAPA pro-rate warranty question
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 14, 2008 05:41PM
if you were not happy with their batteries in the first place, forget the $5-10 reimbursement and just buy a better battery somewhere else. I think these warranties are great if the battery fails just after 2 or 3 years (assuming it has a 2 year warranty), but then when you have only $5-10 of credit left, I think you already used the battery for 5 (maybe 6) years. Not worth the trouble IMHO. If you find a better price somewhere else, and more important, a better battery, just forger the small NAPA credit.

YMMV
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login