advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Would the Swan M10 speakers be an upgrade from my Klipsch THX ?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 08, 2008 09:54PM
I was intrigued by these speakers in a thread below:

[www.theaudioinsider.com]

Would they be better-sounding for jazz, classical and bluegrass than the Klipsches I have? I can't get to the subwoofer to get the model number, but they are similar to these, but with 4 satellite speakers. They are not the multi-media kind.

[www.amazon.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Would the Swan M10 speakers be an upgrade from my Klipsch THX ?
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: August 08, 2008 09:58PM
I suspect they would cause baldness, frighten small children and bruise fruit.

Posted by: kj
Date: August 08, 2008 11:05PM
You would have to listen. I've heard the powered desktop speakers (no sub) that they used to sell at newegg, and I would say yes. But these swans look to be very different speakers, so I don't know. I wouldn't consider the Klipschs to be very good jazz/classical/bluegrass speakers, unless you like it to sound like rock. For jazz etc., I would say a speaker with nice mids would be more what you want (british). The price on the swans looks really good though. I might try to get my mom to buy a set. kj.
Posted by: artie67
Date: August 08, 2008 11:17PM
I have been using HiVi drivers for a number of years. Built 5-1 with Parts Express sub for our two kids, one got walnut and the other honduras mahogany. Stands included, 1"tubing and a pal that can weld. Check out Parts Express for the drivers and figure you would have to build the crossovers(and design), cabinets, grills, and amps. Looks like a bargain to me. Also know that most drivers are mfg'd in China and most of the "Brands" are owned offshore also. Quality is excellent in the best brands.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 09, 2008 10:46PM
I just ordered them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018