advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Great deal on some Vintage RSL Speakers if your in the Florida Panhandle area...
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: August 27, 2008 03:47PM
Seller has these listed for a starting bid of $100 for pickup only so probably won't get much bidding action.

If your near Pensacola (Pace specifically) these would be a steal!

[search.ebay.com]

[maps.google.com]

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2008 03:51PM by Harbourmaster.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Great deal on some Vintage RSL Speakers if your in the Florida Panhandle area...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 27, 2008 04:03PM
Im pondering what to do with a set of Magnepan speakers. They belonged to my late father, and they've been in my basement for 10 years now. Some day I'm gonna hook them up to his Denon system and play E. Power Biggs doing Bach. Then I'll probably cry for a while. It was my Dad's #1 favorite. Mine too..
Re: Great deal on some Vintage RSL Speakers if your in the Florida Panhandle area...
Posted by: MikeF
Date: August 27, 2008 04:27PM
Did they get waterlogged after posting the picture?
Posted by: Rain
Date: August 27, 2008 09:10PM
dem some big ole speakers!

Pace is just other side of Pensacola, FL from me.
2 hours each way.

Put supplemental audio in a church the other week with a large pair of Klipsch speakers - hand signed and dated 1980.
SOUNDED INCREDIBLE!!!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Thanks for everyone's help and support after Hurricane Katrina!
Posted by: artie67
Date: August 27, 2008 09:35PM
RSL was Rogers Sound Labs and based I think in So. Cal. They designed and built the speakers they sold. Quality was good, but not special. These are as good as they sound. I too have a pair of Magnepan speakers 60" high by 48" wide(in three panels 1" thick). They need a Sub and who has a "barn" to use them.
Posted by: beerman
Date: August 27, 2008 11:13PM
Wow, the magnepan family continues to increase here on the forum. I have the little ones, the MMG's. They fit my room but I will go with the full height ones next time. For the money they are amazing speakers.
Posted by: Lee3
Date: August 28, 2008 12:32AM
I am still using my RSL speakers I have had since the 80s. I am in So Cal where I bought them at one of their stores. They are decent, not great. Standard size, not huge like those. I like the bass, I replaced the tweeters to get a bit brighter highs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018