advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Annual rate for the LA Times
Posted by: artie67
Date: September 17, 2008 05:52PM
The Times is thinner with less content each week. I mentioned this to a friend and she said that she got an annual rate of $104, less than half of what I had been paying.Gave consumer services a call and said I was going to cancel if they didn't have a better offer than what I had been paying. She immediately reduced weekly rate a dollar. "Not good enough", I said and asked for the "annual rate" my friend received. I got it. Members of the Times staff have filed suit against the Tribune Co. for running the paper into the ground with layoffs and diluting the content. It's a sad case, but I enjoy the physical quality of the printed page with coffee and bagel over the screen.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Annual rate for the LA Times
Posted by: ahs
Date: September 17, 2008 07:16PM
Yes. Whoever barks the loudest gets the best rate with the LA Times! For several years, they had $52/year rate going. The quality is definitely going downhill.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 18, 2008 10:11AM
Newspapers are a dying media.

They need to move to alternate communications like the NYTimes
Posted by: davester
Date: September 18, 2008 12:24PM
Dead tree technology. I stopped the paper a while ago and switched to the online version.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Dubya
Date: September 18, 2008 12:58PM
I have to admit tho... I enjoy reading a real paper over lunch etc. Those times are usually few and far between however.

I really can't justify a subscription. I notice the SF Chronicle is really been slimming down a lot lately.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018