advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $104.95 ( +0.12 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How do you find out what are your iTunes authorized computers?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 24, 2008 11:12AM
when i went to download the Michael Moore movie to my son's iMac, i had to authorize his computer. this is apparently number 5 of my allowed 5. i only have 4 macs right now. where can i find a list of my authorized computers so i can deauthorize what must be an older mac i no longer own?

'I only have 4 macs.' gee, that sounds ridiculous. only 2 people live in my house. we also have a pc. life in the modern age...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2008 11:13AM by graylocks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How do you find out what are your iTunes authorized computers?
Posted by: threeprong
Date: September 24, 2008 11:30AM
deauthorize them all.... then re authorize them as it comes up...

You can do this once a year...

3P
Posted by: clay
Date: September 24, 2008 11:31AM
but you do that by calling apple, right, threeprong? or is there a "deauthorize all my computers" button in itunes that I overlooked?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 24, 2008 11:35AM
clay
but you do that by calling apple, right, threeprong? or is there a "deauthorize all my computers" button in itunes that I overlooked?

i just i poked around in iTunes 8 and can only find deauthorize this computer.
Posted by: dwayne_bradley
Date: September 24, 2008 11:56AM
In order to deauthorize all of your computers, do the following:

1) Go to the iTunes Store
2) Click on your email address at the top-right of the screen
3) Enter your password
4) On the following screen, you will find the Deauthorize All button.

Thanks,
Dwayne
Posted by: clay
Date: September 24, 2008 11:57AM
ah ha--that's it! thanks for your reply!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2008 11:57AM by clay.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 24, 2008 11:58AM
Yes, you have to call or email Apple and tell them why you need to deauthorize all your computers.

I need to do this two as I gave away a couple of Macs and wiped the drive on a couple of others, and I still can't authorize all of them.

But at least I'll be able to get the main five.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

Pixels were born to be punished. -Frederick Van Johnson

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: September 24, 2008 12:51PM
You better not "Deauthorize All"!!! I'm still getting through all these songs I swiped from you.

Oops... Did I type that out loud?

Jeff
Posted by: threeprong
Date: September 25, 2008 08:06AM
RAMd®d
Yes, you have to call or email Apple and tell them why you need to deauthorize all your computers.

I need to do this two as I gave away a couple of Macs and wiped the drive on a couple of others, and I still can't authorize all of them.

But at least I'll be able to get the main five.

Not true anymore.

You can de-authorize using dwayne's instructions above.

3p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2008 08:15AM by threeprong.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 25, 2008 01:34PM
Yes, I accidentally found that info last night when trying to see why some HD video picks weren't downloading.

I've got to make a list of what Macs I want to keep iTS music on. I don't have all that much from The Store so I should just sit down and do the Burn and Rip to set them free.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

Pixels were born to be punished. -Frederick Van Johnson

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: PB Phoenix
Date: September 04, 2010 12:09AM
This question has been ask several times but NEVER got answered correctly:

How con I see (access) the list of supposedly authorized computers on iTunes?

I just recently purchased a new MacBook Pro, have two iMacs, one PowerBook G4 and one iPhone. That are only four systems. When I now wanted to authorize the new MackBook Pro, the message reads that I have already five computers authorized. I need to know about the five authorized Computers, since I either have by accident authorized one device twice (if that is possible) or someone else has gathered my info and misuses my ID. before I deauthorize all supposedly five devices (and use up the only once per year option to do that) I need to know the devices authorized. Just to deauthorize all does not good.

Now the question again, where or how find i access to a list of for me authorized computers in iTunes?
And if that is possible, can I deauthorize individual devices remotely?

Thank you in advance for a real answer on this issue.
Posted by: ncarter33
Date: August 10, 2011 06:49AM
When you login into your Apple account you can then go back under the store menu and view Your account.

Here is the link from Apple

[support.apple.com]
Date: August 10, 2011 09:25AM
It seems no one can answer the question since all answers posted here only respond on how you can deauthorize one or all computers. Before I do any of that, I would like to see, which computers are authorized at all and then make a decision which one to deauthorize and which one not.

Is that so hard to answer the question?

Is there any way to see a list of authorized computers or not?

In the "iTunes in the Cloud Beta" is clearly a button to "Manage Devices" all there authorized Computers and when you click on it you see all authorized devices, but the "Computer Authorization " field has only the "Deauthorize All" button.

Again, the question is, is there any way to see a list of computers authorized?
Date: August 10, 2011 09:40AM
Just to make sure that anyone who read this understand, I have in the "Account Information" Panel under "Computer Authorizations" supposedly 4 (four) computers authorized and under "iTunes in the Cloud Beta" only 2 (two) authorized computers.
I need to know the names of the 4 (four) authorized computers since I have computers in different locations (3 in Florida, 2 in New York) and before I by accident deauthorize one in either state I would like to know which ones are authorized?
Posted by: billca42
Date: November 10, 2011 12:17PM
There is no way to get a list of computers which are authorized to play media purchased from iTunes. You can only do that for devices. If you don't know which computers are authorized, or you do not have access to those computers, the only solution is to deauthorize all the computers. You can then immediately (or anytime, really) go to each computer and reauthorize it. The only hitch is that you can only deauthorize all computers once per year. In my experience, I've only had to use the deauthorize all option once.

In general, only authorize machines that you have control over, so that it will be easy to deauthorize them if necessary. When you plan to lose control of the computer, remember to deauthorize it first. If you've already lost control of the computer for whatever reason, you can do the deauthorize all option.

Note also that Apple allows you to have multiple Apple IDs. They can't share purchases, but they do allow you to have more flexibility with authorizations. For example, each computer could have its own Apple ID. If you want to share some content between computers, you can deauthorize the target machine and then authorize it with the Apple ID that has the content you want. When done, you can set everything back to the way it was. If you really want to share content over a long period of time, though, the computers will have to share the same Apple ID.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 12:20PM by billca42.
Posted by: tina
Date: July 05, 2012 09:22AM
In order to see which devices are authorized on your account:

Open iTunes

Click Store

Click Account

Click View Account

Enter your password

Look in the second section iTunes in the Cloud

To the far right you'll see Manage Devices

Once it's clicked you will see all of the devices currently authorized in iTunes/on your account

I was going to say, "Hope this helps," but based on the above, I'm pretty sure it did!

Thanks guys...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login