advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Enlarge a photo in iPhoto?
Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 17, 2005 04:50PM
I want to print to 4x6 from iPhoto. Problem is my photo is cropped to something like 4x5...when I print it, there's about a .5" border at top and bottom of photo. I selected "Borderless 4x6" for my Canon i560 in Page Setup (iPhoto--Page Setup). Then I selected constrain to 4x6 in iPhoto.

From the print dialog box that comes up within iPhoto, in addition to the above failure I also tried selecting "Presets--Photo on Photo Paper" and "Style--Full Page" (per iPhoto Help for printing borderless)...and in iPhoto itself, I set "Contrain" to None. Still no dice.

I assume then you must enlarge in PhotoShop?

Any advice is appreciated--
SteveO
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Enlarge a photo in iPhoto?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 17, 2005 06:30PM
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to stretch a 4x5 photo to 4x6 from what you wrote.

You could use Photoshop to do this, but what I think you really want to do is crop the photo to a 4x6 ratio.

I'm not really sure, though.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 17, 2005 07:04PM
You can crop it in iPhoto to the proper proportion.

Open the pic in iPhoto. Go to the constrain drop down under the pic and select 4X6 then it will show you where the crop is. You can move it up and down if you want. After you get it where like it just hit the crop button next to the constrain button. It will be cropped to 4X6 then you can print.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 18, 2005 08:18AM
Thanks, guys n' gals...sorry I was unclear. I know how to crop, the problem was that I wanted the photo to be 4x6 and I cropped it too much...such that when it was printed there was a white border at top and bottom of photo. I was wanting to enlarge the photo. But I dl'd a trial version of PhotoShop and all is well. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018