advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $107.34 ( +0.36 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
can you print shipping labels with PayPal? (for non eBay items)
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 20, 2008 07:44PM
it's very easy to print a shipping label for stuff I sold on eBay. I love that.

But for other stuff, personal stuff I want to ship to someone, for which I have NOT received PayPal payment, can I use PayPal to print a shipping label? Sure, I could do it through USPS or UPS web site, but it would be easier to log in to PayPal and print from there, rather than remember yet another password and type a credit card number.

If it is possible, where is this option? under what tab/menu? I could not find it.

Thanks
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: can you print shipping labels with PayPal? (for non eBay items)
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 20, 2008 07:50PM
no. here's what i do, though. i have a personal paypal account and a premier business paypal account. you can do that as long as each has a different email address and linked bank account. whenever i need to mail a package, my business account PayPals money to my personal account. voilà, the print shipping button appears. the default ship-to address is, of course, yourself but you can change that.

i always paypal myself just enough to cover the postage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2008 07:51PM by graylocks.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: October 20, 2008 08:02PM
Yes you CAN!

On the left side of the page should be a link called MultiOrder Shipping (or something like that)

Click that link, fill in the info and you can print a shipping label for anything you want!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2008 08:04PM by Harbourmaster.
Date: October 20, 2008 08:08PM
Hm, I found a multi-item shipping, (not on the left though) and when I click there, a Java applet starts and I get some errors in Safari. I am gonna try FireFox later. Thank though.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 20, 2008 08:15PM
Yes you can: The mighty link of goodness

[www.paypal.com]
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 20, 2008 08:17PM
You certainly can. i've had good luck with it. i've been using it to print media mail labels to ship books. the only downside is that you have to pay for delivery confirmation but thats only 18¢. for 18¢ its definitely worth it.

VTPKL it!
Date: October 20, 2008 08:18PM
C(-)ris

[www.paypal.com]

YES!!!

How did you find it? I swear I looked for this link on PayPal's site before asking here, and I looked for like 5-10 minutes, I couldn't find it.

Thanks
Date: October 20, 2008 08:26PM
C(-)ris

[www.paypal.com]

whoa! well, this sure saves me some steps. who knew? i thought 'multi-orders' meant a lot of orders of the same type - not individual orders. now i just need to figure out how to get there quickly like the link you sent. when i try to go in from my account there's a whole song 'n dance process to go through.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 20, 2008 08:31PM
I had it bookmarked from way back when. I doubt it was ever a direct link from anywhere on the site. I stumbled upon it somehow.
Date: October 20, 2008 08:34PM
I guess they don't make a profit with this service, so they have no interest to advertise on their web site. it's probably more of a convenience to paypal users, so they can track items easier, but they have no interest in promoting this "feature" otherwise.

Thanks for the link, very useful.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: October 20, 2008 08:48PM
i've used it at least half-a-dozen times.

Posted by: MacGurl
Date: October 20, 2008 09:28PM
I use that ( [www.paypal.com] ) shipping option a lot, since I do tons of shipping here and I like that I can use my PP balance to pay for it. Plus, you do get more options for shipping your items (like Parcel Post) that you won't get through the USPS web site (for whatever weird reason). thumbs up

Kathy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2008 09:29PM by MacGurl.
Date: October 20, 2008 09:49PM
yes I saw that too, at USPS the cheapest option online is Priority Mail, via PayPal you can do First Class.
Posted by: Harry in MI
Date: October 20, 2008 10:47PM
"yes I saw that too, at USPS the cheapest option online is Priority Mail, via PayPal you can do First Class."

I find that interesting because the other day I went to ship to Sweden and I had only 2 options via PayPal, Intl. Priority, and Express ?. I went directly to the USPS sight and I could send it at least to cheaper ways (Intl. Parcel Post, and maybe flat rate envelope. Point is PayPal/eBay do play games with options offered in some cases.

Also, has anyone had trouble UPS-ing using eBay/PayPal shipping? I had to go directly to UPS sight for a few items the other day because I'd get a non resolvable warning about address/account info not matching when using the PayPal/eBay shipping links. After 20+ minutes I bailed and just did it using UPS website.
Date: October 21, 2008 05:44AM
yah, for international you cannot use cheaper options like first class via paypal, neither via USPS web site. But for domestic, PayPal will ley you print a first class label, USPS will not. Go figure.

and UPS: no, I only used it once for a laptop and it worked great.
Date: October 21, 2008 06:40AM
space-time
yah, for international you cannot use cheaper options like first class via paypal, neither via USPS web site. But for domestic, PayPal will ley you print a first class label, USPS will not. Go figure.

and UPS: no, I only used it once for a laptop and it worked great.

the USPS has agreements with businesses like Pitney Bowles, Stamps.com, Endicia and probably others i'm not aware of. i've always assumed the limitations on the USPS online site has to do with non-compete clauses. the USPS shipping through paypal is some sort of arrangement with Pitney Bowles; says so right on the printed label.
Posted by: flightrisk
Date: October 27, 2008 11:30AM
This will get you right where you want to go. I always use this for shipping stuff I sell on Amazon:
www.paypal.com/shipnow
Posted by: sstanley52
Date: August 24, 2009 10:29AM
Sure. PayPal doesn't advertise it, but here's the link. Copy and paste this link into your web browser. It will take you to the PayPal login screen. Then enter your password as usual and it will take you to the USPS info site where you will type in the usual info. Here's the link:
[www.paypal.com]

Good luck

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login