advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
SNOW day!. . .Climbers find footprints of abominable snowman (now w/pic). . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 21, 2008 12:23PM
. . .?

Climbers find footprints of abominable snowman?

. . .Japanese climbers returning from a mountain in western Nepal said Tuesday they had found footprints they think belonged to the abominable snowman or Yeti.

"We saw three footprints which looked like that of human beings," Kuniaki Yagihara, a member of the Yeti Project Japan, said in Kathmandu, after returning from the mountain with photographs of the footprints.

The climbers, equipped with long-lens cameras, video cameras and telescopes, said, however that they did not see or take any photographs of the creature.

The Yeti is said to live in the Himalayan regions of Nepal and is largely regarded by the scientific community as a mythical creature.

Yagihara, 61, said the creature's footprints were found on snow at an altitude of about 4,800 meters (15,748 feet) in the Dhaulagiri mountain range in western Nepal. . .

YET(i) another hoax. . .?

THIS LINK has a pic. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 12:28PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: SNOW day!. . .Climbers find footprints of abominable snowman (now w/pic). . .
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 21, 2008 12:58PM
Or there were NBA players hiking around that day !big grin smiley
Re: SNOW day!. . .Climbers find footprints of abominable snowman (now w/pic). . .
Posted by: GeneH
Date: October 21, 2008 01:14PM
Where does a large (or small!) creature like this find the necessary food to sustain itself at that altitude? It can't live on rocks and gravel! And if it feeds at much, much lower altitudes, why does it migrate to higher altitudes?

Water from mountain streams and in the form of snow is abundant, but where does it get its protein? Game animals are scarce to non-existent!

The food question alone leads me to believe these creatures are more fiction than fact. Snow leopards at least are adapted to hunting antelope.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: October 21, 2008 01:34PM
I would love to believe, but: given that they were there looking for Yeti makes their claim much less plausible.

Plus, although I am not at all an expert in tracking, I am puzzled by the dark, melted heel area. The track looks old and melted, and that looks like the deepest area of the print. To me, it sure looks like the "animal" walked heavy on the heels, which is not what we would expect from an animal that was naturally barefooted: heavy heel strikes are characteristics of humans walking in boots (so humans naturally barefoot are lighter on their feet and more balanced, trending to the forefoot).
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 21, 2008 01:49PM
a number of years ago, they came up with a simple explanation for these huge prints. Normal size prints as they melt, will grow. They replicated it very easily in an environmental chamber cycling through day and night cycles. Now, who is making the normal sized prints, that is still up to debate.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 21, 2008 02:24PM
It was Michael Phelps passin by.

JoeM
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: October 21, 2008 03:34PM

Where does a large (or small!) creature like this find the necessary food to sustain itself at that altitude? It can't live on rocks and gravel!

What do the bears live on?

Of the various reasons to question the existence of such creatures, I don't think that scarcity of food makes the list.
Posted by: 3d
Date: October 21, 2008 04:23PM
What kinda of tape measure is that in the pic?
Posted by: artie67
Date: October 21, 2008 05:27PM
Doing the math, 170mm equals close to 7 inches. Must be a Yeti cub.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: October 21, 2008 09:28PM
I am puzzled by the dark, melted heel area.

The heel of the yeti is an erogenous zone. This fleshy area is normally a brilliant pink. When engorged with blood, it turns a dusky puce and becomes very hot to the touch. The phrase "Cool your heels" means something very different to yetis, and should not be uttered carelessly in their presence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 09:29PM by ka jowct.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 22, 2008 01:09AM
that was awesome!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018