advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
simple question not even worthy of a poll
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 01, 2008 06:23PM
Do you peel cucumbers when using them in a salad?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: simple question not even worthy of a poll
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: November 01, 2008 06:31PM
The ones I grow myself, no, but I do wash them first. If I buy then it's usually organic so just a wash will do for them as well. I try not to get shrinkwrapped or ones that might have had some spray over them, if I'm unsure then I might peel.

Posted by: vicrock
Date: November 01, 2008 06:31PM
yes
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: November 01, 2008 06:57PM
you just had to use "cucumber" and "poll" (pole) in the same sentence, DIDN'T YOU!

In answer to your Q, I used to peel, then I decided a little bit of Joy (or only a microdot of Dawn)
to wash off the dirt and wax, etc., was more than adequate.

True also when I had the café, but I gave them a pre-dip in the ph adjusted solution first (the sterilizer)
which you could do too -- just a half teaspoon of bleach in a sink full of water is more than enough for a
few seconds. Then wash it.

You could wash it like you wash your dong (except it would take 5 times more time) or use a toothbrush
or similar, if you are particularly anal and/or OCD. If you're anal about anal, I'd use a different cucumber.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 06:58PM by Jimmypoo.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 01, 2008 08:40PM
I quickly peel maybe 60-70% off and leave the rest. I do zucchini squash the same way.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: November 01, 2008 09:11PM
All the vegamins are in the peel! Why are you throwing it away? Especially those of you who buy organic veggies because you believe there are more vitamins in organics??? If it's green...eat it, it's good for you!

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 01, 2008 10:08PM
Jack D.
All the vegamins are in the peel! Why are you throwing it away? Especially those of you who buy organic veggies because you believe there are more vitamins in organics??? If it's green...eat it, it's good for you!

i find that the peel of the cucumber is stiff and sharp; it tends to slip between my teeth to irritate my gums. so off they go. i always eat the peels of potatoes and i think one has to be particularly obsessive to bother to peel zucchini.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: November 01, 2008 10:28PM
graylocks
Jack D.

i find that the peel of the cucumber is stiff and sharp; it tends to slip between my teeth to irritate my gums. so off they go. i always eat the peels of potatoes and i think one has to be particularly obsessive to bother to peel zucchini.

OK. You have a good excuse. Everyone else...Eat your peels! :-)

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: November 01, 2008 10:48PM
This is the kind of Peel I like...

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 205
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020