advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Power supply fans for MDD's
Posted by: artie67
Date: November 03, 2008 07:08PM
I know it's a little late, but I am going to sell my 867 MDD to a friend and if anyone knows of a supplier of the lower noise power supply fans, pass it along. It will go with the "lucite" 20" monitor, wow, style. At least it goes to someone who works in art restoration. Which OS. I have a family pac of Leopard that I have been running on an external. Pop in and ready to go. Tiger will take a little work. Thoughts here.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Power supply fans for MDD's
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 03, 2008 07:14PM
I JUST started researching this a little a few hours ago. [forums.macresource.com]

Seems there were some that were available, some that might still be, and the much-vaunted Verex that likley never will be.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: November 04, 2008 05:20PM
You can buy the quieter 360W power supplies on eBay. I haven't seen any selling for bargain prices lately. You may have to track auctions for a while to find a deal.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 04, 2008 09:30PM
It's not the PS that makes the noise, its the fans in them. If you search here, you can find a post I made a while ago, with all the fan info for the lower powered hushed MDD PS that Apple used. then you can take those specs, and order a couple of fans of the interwebs, and be done with it. I'd give you those numbers again, but they are at home on a post-it note attached to my MDD. I have to answer this question so often, I have a G.D. post-it with the info on it......
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 05, 2008 12:36AM
Racer X
It's not the PS that makes the noise, its the fans in them. If you search here, you can find a post I made a while ago, with all the fan info for the lower powered hushed MDD PS that Apple used. then you can take those specs, and order a couple of fans of the interwebs, and be done with it. I'd give you those numbers again, but they are at home on a post-it note attached to my MDD. I have to answer this question so often, I have a G.D. post-it with the info on it......

You mean you haven't copied it into a Stickie and saved it on your computers already? I would have, but the MDD I bought for my sons already had the quieter fans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020