advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $99.18 ( -1.57 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What time does UPS show up at your place?
Posted by: hal
Date: November 07, 2008 01:56PM
Fedex ground just arrived (11:30am) with some parts that will let me get to work. If it was UPS, I'd have to wait until 4-6PM and that gets later as xmas season gets closer.

I'm thinking that I may choose fedex ground when the option arises even though I really hate everything else about them.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What time does UPS show up at your place?
Posted by: billb
Date: November 07, 2008 02:01PM
UPS deivers between 8AM and noon - picks up at about 4PM.
FEdex air shows up before noon
Fedex ground shows up anytime between 8AM and 8PM. Depending on whether he does his route forwards or backwards.
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 07, 2008 02:09PM
hal
Fedex ground just arrived (11:30am) with some parts that will let me get to work. If it was UPS, I'd have to wait until 4-6PM and that gets later as xmas season gets closer.

I'm thinking that I may choose fedex ground when the option arises even though I really hate everything else about them.

Our UPS is exactly the same. Yesterday the guy showed up at 7 pm looking frazzled. But, he's pleasant and competent.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: November 07, 2008 02:15PM
Hal,

The time UPS picks up and delivers package is dependent on whether or not your location is business or residential. For businesses, UPS tends to deliver packages in the morning and picks up in the late afternoon. If you have a daily pickup, the driver will try and arrive for pickups by the same time each day, a time you have designated in advance with UPS. Residential is a different matter entirely.

The timing of deliveries also depends on the level of service used to ship the package. Sonic Air Next Day Air Early A.M., Next Day Air, Next Day Air Saver, Second Day AM, Second Day Air, Three Day Select and Ground all have different delivery guarantees attached to them. For example, UPS guarantees items shipped Next Day Air Saver will arrive by the next business day, just not early in the morning.

Robert
Date: November 07, 2008 02:19PM
I am not sure what the actual typical time is since about half the time the driver just leaves a note without knocking.

in tha 510.
Posted by: Doc
Date: November 07, 2008 02:42PM
Usually around 11am or 4pm, but sometimes (rarely) as late as 7pm.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: November 07, 2008 03:07PM
UPS delivers to my studio around 10:30am, to the house around 4pm. Fedex ground is lucky to get here by 6pm, usually around 7pm.
Posted by: thermarest
Date: November 07, 2008 03:12PM
At my place, UPS drops off late in the day, sometimes after 6 or 7pm. FedEx is almost always before noon. I go with FedEx sometimes for this reason, though if I have a choice I prefer USPS.
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: November 07, 2008 03:17PM
They show up between 11:30a and 12:30p.

Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 07, 2008 03:21PM
The regular route guy from UPS usually arrives at my house between about 2:45 to 4:15. He has been doing enough deliveries to me that he knows I leave for work at 3:30 and tries to get there before that. When he is out, the time can be all over the place depending on who the replacement is.

Posted by: ka jowct
Date: November 07, 2008 03:23PM
Our UPS guy shows up around noon. Unfortunately, he makes little attempt to actually deliver packages. The nice guy who runs the laundry in one of our buildings signs for packages and lets the residents pick them up in his store, and our UPS Dude is now abusing that courtesy in a big way. It's especially annoying when the packages are heavy. It's bad enough that I have to haul them up a flight of stairs; it's a major pain when I have to fetch them from 6 doors west, get them up the outside stairs, then through two locked doors, down the hall to the stairs and then up the stairs and into my apartment. Picture doing that with three large 40-lb. boxes.

Before UPS Dud(e) became utterly useless, he would at least ring our buzzer and haul the heavy stuff on his handtruck into the building to the foot of the stairs. I guess I should figure out where to complain about him.
Date: November 07, 2008 03:26PM
have a little mercy when hating UPS drivers...

when at the local depot recently, I learned that UPS has laid off 200 drivers for this region and the ones left are being worked to death.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: November 07, 2008 03:27PM
Between 3pm and 4:40pm.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 07, 2008 03:31PM
Usually after 4pm, but sometimes as late as 7pm. I'm in a small town out in the boonies. During the Christmas holidays they sometimes put two people on the truck. I think they rotate as to who runs (literally) the package up to the house.

Fedex is a crapshoot. Could be as early as 10am, and as late as 7pm.

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: archipirata
Date: November 07, 2008 03:50PM
Drop off every morning between 11 and 12 and pick up between 3:30 and 5 each afternoon.

Athens, OH
Posted by: TLB
Date: November 07, 2008 04:17PM
FedEx comes earlier but, for me, has never delivered a package on the first attempt. Someone is always home, but they never knock and I'm always finding a sticker on the door. I was waiting on the package one day, heard a noise at the door and found the driver walking back to the truck without even a package in hand. I called after him and he ignored me, got in the truck and drove off. I called the depot and the said no driver would behave that way. I agree, it makes no sense, but I never get my packages the first try. UPS, USPS and DHL are nearly flawless. I especially love Fry's since the DHL hub is just down the road. I always get overnight delivery for the price of ground.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: November 07, 2008 05:05PM
hal
have a little mercy when hating UPS drivers...

when at the local depot recently, I learned that UPS has laid off 200 drivers for this region and the ones left are being worked to death.

Really!? What do the Teamsters have to say about this???

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Date: November 07, 2008 05:57PM
probably grateful there weren't more jobs cut.
Posted by: Black Landlord
Date: November 07, 2008 06:16PM
Depends on the driver.
"My" driver tends to come at 7 PM or later because he knows he's likely to find me at home then.
All others tend to come pretty consistently around 2 P.M. when he's off or on another route, or when the route is split in december.

[www.papanicholas.com] coffee smiley
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: November 08, 2008 09:03AM
Usually after 5 PM. I'm on the last leg of every delivery route, from USPS to on down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2008 09:12AM by DaviDC..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login