advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need alternate Driving Directions Going South from Visalia down to Los Angeles during Fires
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 15, 2008 02:01PM
Wife is up in Visalia, at a meeting, and she is scheduled to return tomorrow Sunday. I-5 South is currently closed.

She could take the 41 to the 101 and take the coastal route down, but there is a fire in Santa Barbara also.

In Bakersfield she could take the 58 towards Barstow and then take the 395 down to come in like she is returning from Las Vegas.

Does anyone have any experience in the alternate routes to go south in California during fires then end up in Long Beach area.

Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need alternate Driving Directions Going South from Visalia down to Los Angeles during Fires
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 15, 2008 02:22PM
I'd take the 58 to the 14 towards Palmdale/Lancaster, then cut through the Angeles Forest to re-connect to the major LA freeways South of the fires.
Re: Need alternate Driving Directions Going South from Visalia down to Los Angeles during Fires
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 15, 2008 02:30PM
Gareth
I'd take the 58 to the 14 towards Palmdale/Lancaster, then cut through the Angeles Forest to re-connect to the major LA freeways South of the fires.

I was thinking that too, looks like I-5 is closed southbound around Santa Clarita, and 14 will connect to I-5 south of the closure.

The road conditions say that there is a detour available where I-5 is closed, not sure where that detour will take you or how backed up things are.

[www.dot.ca.gov]

I 5
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM THE JCT OF SR 91 /IN FULLERTON/ TO ARTESIA BLVD
/IN BUENA PARK/ (ORANGE CO) FROM 2300 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0400 HRS EACH MORNING
MONDAY THRU SATURDAY THRU 11/22/08 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

THE NORTHBOUND & SOUTHBOUND CONNECTORS TO EASTBOUND I 210 /IN LOS ANGELES/
(LOS ANGELES CO) ARE CLOSED - DUE TO A WILDLAND FIRE - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

IS CLOSED TO SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC AT CALGROVE /IN SANTA CLARITA/
(LOS ANGELES CO) - DUE TO A WILDLAND FIRE - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

IS CLOSED TO SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC AT THE JCT OF SR 126 /IN SANTA CLARITA/

[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED TO SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC AT THE JCT OF SR 126 /IN SANTA CLARITA/
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: November 15, 2008 02:50PM
Here is graphic of the fires and the closures
[www.dailynews.com]
Date: November 15, 2008 03:16PM
Yes, I can see by the Map of the fires and closures, that the 14 cant be taken all the way to the 5, So she could take the 58 to the 14 to the 138 which would connect with the 215 between Victor Ville and San Bernardino. Then I can have her avoid the 91 which is currently closed because of another fire.
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: November 15, 2008 03:56PM
Santa Barbara 101 is OK.

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Date: November 15, 2008 04:00PM
Fires in Brea, Yorba Linda, and Rancho Palos Verdes.

My daughter called from Disneyland wanted know what the smoke was. She saw it before reported.

[www.latimes.com]

600 Mobile Homes by the 5 & 14 gone. Plus 165 more houses in Sylmar.

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Date: November 15, 2008 04:05PM
Go To TOp.... so the 101 South is moving ok, what about that fire that they had there where all the Wealthy folks live, is that still burning and does it affect the 101?
Date: November 15, 2008 04:17PM
See my LATimes link above. 40% contained. Freeway was never closed I think. Where is she going?

(Paul Valery)
Date: November 15, 2008 04:29PM
Pic of the 5.

Worst in 50 years.

[www.dailynews.com]

(Paul Valery)
Posted by: artie67
Date: November 15, 2008 06:04PM
The Sylmar fire is being controlled and check the above link in the morning. The 5 might be open then. The Corona/Yorba Linda fire is really raging. There will be questions about the lack of water in some areas and possibility of arson of foreclosed homes. I understand that the 126 to the 23 south at Fillmore is jammed. Make sure that tank is filled in Bakersfield. Good luck.
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: November 15, 2008 06:58PM
artie67
The Sylmar fire is being controlled and check the above link in the morning. The 5 might be open then. The Corona/Yorba Linda fire is really raging. There will be questions about the lack of water in some areas and possibility of arson of foreclosed homes. I understand that the 126 to the 23 south at Fillmore is jammed. Make sure that tank is filled in Bakersfield. Good luck.
Arson??
ForeClosed Homes??
You Gotta Linky??

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Date: November 15, 2008 07:16PM
I think it might be arson from the Mongols.

Terroristas.

(Paul Valery)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 16, 2008 02:24AM
Go To Top
I think it might be arson from the Mongols.

they wanted a BBQ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 246
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020