advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Samsung ML 2010 (or similar) users: what do you do for toner?
Posted by: Kiva
Date: December 06, 2008 05:36PM
Hi folks

I see lots of options on the web for toner for this thing. I see some 'aftermarket' cartridges for $35 (OEM are $75). In pulling out the cartridge (not the starter cartridge - my wife bought a replacement at office depot last year), I don't see an obvious refill cap. I could be missing something.

Anyway, what do you folks do about toner? With the price of these things, seems stupid to spend $75. I'm open to other printer suggestions with better toner refill options smiling smiley

kiva

----------------------
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Samsung ML 2010 (or similar) users: what do you do for toner?
Posted by: MacGurl
Date: December 06, 2008 06:13PM
I bought my last after-market toner cart. (haven't had to install it yet) for my ML 2010 at [meritline.com] for $34, with shipping. I've had good luck with after-market carts. in the past.

Kathy

Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 06, 2008 06:39PM
awesome tip on Meritline. I just got 2 2510s on BF, and they use the same toner. A 2-pack if $50. heck yeah!
Posted by: artie67
Date: December 06, 2008 07:12PM
Meritline toner works great for me, recycle if you can. Have 2010 and 2510. Great for printing support help documents.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 06, 2008 07:52PM
are the drivers any good for the 2510, and is it easy to set up? Mine are still boxed up.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: December 06, 2008 08:13PM
I gave mine away and bought a Brother HL2170W. I'm not being facetious, it just made the most sense. If you aren't concerned with wireless printing you can probably find the non-networked model on sale for the price of a toner cart. The recipient of mine tilted the toner cartridge side to side a few times and got a couple more years out of it. We are both happy.

Posted by: Kiva
Date: December 06, 2008 08:24PM
if this current cartridge is refillable, what does the 'plug' look like? I assume it's on the side?

thanks for the tip on meritline...

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: graylocks
Date: December 06, 2008 09:14PM
Kiva
if this current cartridge is refillable, what does the 'plug' look like? I assume it's on the side?

thanks for the tip on meritline...

kiva

i don't know about Samsung carts, but for my HP printer, tonerrefills sold a kit where you made a plug. very easy to do.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: vicrock
Date: December 06, 2008 09:47PM
We have a local business that recycles cartridges - I call, and the next day a refilled one is delivered - works for toner for the Samsung laser and also for the Canon copier. Costs about half what a new one would be.
Posted by: Lee3
Date: December 07, 2008 11:04AM
Not sure if a 2010 is like a 1210, but I have 1210 and it has worked fine for 6 years plus. I refilled it with toner from www.tonerkits.com, but the last time I had to buy a remanufactured cartridge. It has lasted 3 years from www.ldproducts.com
You have to return your old cart though.

The refill hole on the 1210 is on the left side of the cartridge with the handle facing you. It is in the circle upper back. I imagine where a drum is supported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2008 11:07AM by Lee3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 223
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020